1.8-Mi16-GTI6-T

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8-Mi16-GTI6-T
Tbh mate, at least if something like a td04/5 pops there isn't going to be much trouble getting another one on the cheap!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This is it; scooby's tend to be shifting them all the time *he says*
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Finally, up at @ 8am whilst the sun was shining, had 3 hours to get the foundations level, base down, repair the rot, build the shed etc.
Got a lot done and managed to chop the new workbench down to size, and have the shed ready now for the build!

Here's how we stand; the rain hindered the roofing.... hence the tarp, and the album can be found here of the shed build. /proud.

[Image: d7gSVh.jpg]

Next is to finish off the inside of the shed, get the rest of the tools in and perhaps order some more, and then bring the XU7 JP4 lump in and start taking it apart; Niall, if you're reading, this WILL be your bed when you come down, but don't worry, we can keep each other warm? ninja
Thanks given by:
Nice little shed you got yourself there Ginge. Think you could squeeze the car in there for dropping the engine in? Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Lol no, it's hard enough gettin the engine in there as it is! It may be shifted to a new address come September anywho...
Thanks given by:
Lol mlooks very similar to my "workshop"... You've just got to make the most of what you have!

Looking forward to this, I'm building a boosted lump at the moment, too Smile
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 08:18 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Lol mlooks very similar to my "workshop"... You've just got to make the most of what you have!

Looking forward to this, I'm building a boosted lump at the moment, too Smile

indeedy! What you building pal?
Thanks given by:
[Image: P7NQAh.jpg]

Lol, that is the single most pokey shed base I have ever seen, and I have seen soma bad ones. What happens if you sneeze in the shed? It will fall over!

Do you not have cracked lime on the IOW yet? I hear it can be used in things such as concrete...

/troll

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
All in all, a shed built for ~£80, in less than 4 hours, does the job, and making use of what I've got; not a bad job!
Thanks given by:
Mine's just a turbo'd VTR engine; standard internals, TF035 turbo, Standalone ECU, XU7 16v injectors and a 106 rallye inlet.

Won't be anything like this engine! I'm aiming for 200bhp, you?
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2012, 08:05 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: Mine's just a turbo'd VTR engine; standard internals, TF035 turbo, Standalone ECU, XU7 16v injectors and a 106 rallye inlet.

Won't be anything like this engine! I'm aiming for 200bhp, you?

not bad mate Smile
Im aiming for 300 ... going to take a while and a lot of effort but should all be wirth it Smile
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2012, 09:23 AM)Grant Wrote: [Image: P7NQAh.jpg]

Lol, that is the single most pokey shed base I have ever seen, and I have seen soma bad ones. What happens if you sneeze in the shed? It will fall over!

Do you not have cracked lime on the IOW yet? I hear it can be used in things such as concrete...

/troll

Wink

Plenty of room for the rats underneath Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
hope your not planning putting much weight on that floor.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-06-2012, 08:05 AM)ginge191 Wrote: ...again, paying big companies to build stuff for him, not disrespecting the guy, but mine is going to be a built in a shed Confused

I got fed up of ripping gti6 manifolds to bits for the 3 tight radius bends to make one manifold.

It was easier to send it off to get done, rather than take more time off work and do it myself.

Plus it wasn't that much, and they wer only around corner.

And I helped make the down pipe and exhaust at my mates garage.

Good luck with it though mate, if you need any advice, just ask.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 06:29 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 06:22 PM)samass Wrote: oi shoulda said you were heading to bums and queers, i'd have lent you my dizzy card.

It's no dramas; i've got a card on the way, friend works there: i had to register my "business" with a "legit" "business card" and "headed letter" to "prove" i was a "genuine" trader....

Cheers anywhoo bumder..

Did you get a trade card in the end?

20% off card ftw aye, Samass? Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 04:01 PM)Birk Wrote:
(22-06-2012, 08:05 AM)ginge191 Wrote: ...again, paying big companies to build stuff for him, not disrespecting the guy, but mine is going to be a built in a shed Confused

I got fed up of ripping gti6 manifolds to bits for the 3 tight radius bends to make one manifold.

It was easier to send it off to get done, rather than take more time off work and do it myself.

Plus it wasn't that much, and they wer only around corner.

And I helped make the down pipe and exhaust at my mates garage.

Good luck with it though mate, if you need any advice, just ask.

Ah birk! Read many of your threads mate! Good to see you pop online here. Yeh, I've got a few shady areas where I'm struggling and to be fair, I've got plenty of time to build it, and my mate who owns an engineering firm is more than happy to get to the challenge. First question; do you have any dimensions or measurements for the manifold at all? Would save me a long time measuring it up etc.

Welcome along anywho!
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 04:57 PM)thms182 Wrote: 20% off card ftw aye, Samass? Wink

yep... 20% ftmfw dude! mine gets used ALOT
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I thought I best had join, if this is going to be the only place your thread will be updated lol

I'm not sure if you have seen the pic of my manifold off the car, but I can take more pictures and measurements if you like?

Or should I let you struggle trying to make it your self? Lol because it is a right pita to do.

Dan
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 09:29 PM)Birk Wrote: I thought I best had join, if this is going to be the only place your thread will be updated lol

I'm not sure if you have seen the pic of my manifold off the car, but I can take more pictures and measurements if you like?

Or should I let you struggle trying to make it your self? Lol because it is a right pita to do.

Dan

yeh i've seen the manifold mate it "looks" simple, emphasis on "looks" but yeh, some measurements would be amazing! I'd need the distance of the block to the bulkhead, and how on earth you managed to get the closest exahust (to the turbo) to accomodate the extra 10inches? of pipe? im also assuming 321 stainless is sufficient for the manifold?
Thanks given by:
304 is fine tbh...

With regards to manifolds, if I were you, keep it equal length, it'll sound odd if it's not, plus I don't overly know what it'll do to the engines scavenging, admittedly, it's Turbocharged, so you're going to get less issues with having to adjust cylinders for VE differences throughout the rev range if you make sure that everything is equal. You're probably going to need a bit of trimming per pot anyway... 16v 306s are a total twat to do an equal length manifold on, but persevere... Take cues from the DP Engineering manifold, it's equal length.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 10:52 PM)Ruan Wrote: persevere... Take cues from the DP Engineering manifold, it's equal length.

This is it. I know I need it equal, as does my engineer but it's how to catch that length up which is proving a pita. Temped to ask them for their dimensions -_-
Thanks given by:
DP wont hand out there dimensions thats for sure lol...

Its just a case of bending the right hand runners back under and over to make up the length...its pretty tight down the back thought, and remember you need to still allow room for a downpipe!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 07:41 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: DP wont hand out there dimensions thats for sure lol...

Its just a case of bending the right hand runners back under and over to make up the length...its pretty tight down the back thought, and remember you need to still allow room for a downpipe!

lol i know Doh but in all seriouesness, my engineer, as said before, is more than up to the challenge. As soon as he has some numbers, he can start building . he knows there is no particular rush with this, and i dont want to rush it either.

As for the downpipe... meh, i'll chuck it out the front wing ninja
Thanks given by:
That would actually be epic! There's a 711whp s2000 with a wing exit exhaust, it destroys bikes haha and sounds mental
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 11:22 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: That would actually be epic! There's a 711whp s2000 with a wing exit exhaust, it destroys bikes haha and sounds mental

But mine is going to be road legal. I can't see that passing an mot
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2012, 11:34 AM)ginge191 Wrote: But mine is going to be road legal. I can't see that passing an mot

Screamer pipe out of the wing from the wastegate ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Wing exit is really tricky on the 306, I looked into doing it, but pretty much impossible to have a silencor in line to keep it legal, as no where to put it, you could probs fabricate a custom muffler to the shape of the wingspace, but would be a proper nite...if it was legal id just have a 4 inch exit out the bonnet, but sadly the UK dont allow for such win.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
"allow for such win" haha I love that wording. It's ok, I'll get a downpope sorted
Thanks given by:
Wouldnt be able to do it on a 306, i wanted to do it aswell lol.

My manifold isnt equal length, i was a bit pissed off when i found out after taking it off, but it doesnt really need to be, thats more for n/a cars.
Thanks given by:
Dosnt NEED to be, but will help with turbo spool / egts, and also stop it sounding like a fookin scooby boxer motor lol! But if your gunna do it, may as well do it right first time imo.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by: