1.8-Mi16-GTI6-T

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8-Mi16-GTI6-T
He's not bailing though! It's just on hold!

Something epic will be done soon enough, I know this as he KEEPS on going on about it.... Plus, he's got a partner in crime that is pestering him to do it as soon as possible (Strictly_Troll)
Thanks given by:
You're missing the point completely, putting it on hold because of other obligations isn't bailing, never said it was. However, swapping the good idea for a boring-as-fook one IS a bail. I'm not angry dude, just disappointed...

Anyway, will keep my fingers crossed the project reappears in future. Hopefully in an interesting guise, rather than this boosted-6 boringness that has cropped up. :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I can't imagine a boosted '6 to be boring to drive than say a stage 1 XUD lmao

I've told you before, my garage is open to the engine build, not normaly welcome to the real fuel of satan but as it will be boosted so it will be OK.
So get that big thumb off you ginger head and get building

/Troll out.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
*moves in the already purchased GTI*

ninja

But srsly max, no doubt once xmas is out the way, and all settled, i'll get a lump dropped over,
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I've got a lovely 1.8 engine sat in my garage just waiting for a turbo and a car to lug around. It runs on mans juice too Wink
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
thought you had a 1.8NAD in there from the shoebox you call a car?

[troll size=small]trolldad[/troll]

Anywhooo.... we shall get to the scrapyard next week ninja ?
Thanks given by:
Ha nah it was a turbo engine, just needs putting back together.
Hmm there's no GTI's there, maybe a 1.8 though...
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Bailer
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 06:04 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Ha nah it was a turbo engine, just needs putting back together.
Hmm there's no GTI's there, maybe a 1.8 though...

ah ok, well we can see what there is, see if any of the blocks are worth keeping; whip the heads off and check the bores there and then. could be an easier option.

Also, do you want any of my tools round your place? i've got a heap load including a low entry jack?

get on facebook chat mate
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a plan.
I would happily take the jack, would come in pretty handy Smile
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Low entry jack??
Thanks given by:
I've got a few bottem ends in various states if interested, £60
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2012, 07:55 PM)Birk Wrote: I've got a few bottem ends in various states if interested, £60

standard parts from XU10 J4RS ?
Thanks given by:
Yes mate.
[Image: 704e7db1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bark has just said on FB he could make a turbo manifold for £550
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm at work, please pass link onto my Facebook! Love you!
Thanks given by:
So...

It seems this is back on track; house move has all gone well and cash flow is sorted (as much as it can be at least)

Myself, strictlyderv and misstap_gti6 will be preogressing this at a relatively slow pace - as projects do - and hopefully speak to Mr Birk soon to give me a heads up if this manifold is a go.

Got a decent XU7JP4 block on the way from an admin over on the 205gti forums; he's managed to remove a rod and piston for me, so i'll get this measured up once i get my vernier gauge back from the island and send it off (finally) to PEC to see what they can forge up for me.

A few GTI bits im after;

- decent head; not a HG fail or belt shredder
- gti box
- unlocked ECU and looms

As for dropping this into a shell, considering a 205 shell and tag-teaming with max; after working on his car, and seeing the ease these are to work on, it would seem ideal to use this.

Apologies for the delay, hopefully this picks up pace again
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, You need to bear in mind that the 205s apparently dont handle quite as well as the 306s so is that a fair trade off for being 200kg lighter.

If you want a loom speak to scottgay as hes defo got one in his garage.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 10:55 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Sounds good, You need to bear in mind that the 205s apparently dont handle quite as well as the 306s so is that a fair trade off for being 200kg lighter.

If you want a loom speak to scottgay as hes defo got one in his garage.

Agree with you on the handling front comparing standard GTI's but 306 shocks and springs fit on 205's and it's cheap as chips to get them better than '6 with some hybrid parts. I'm sure a cage will be on the cards to stiffen it further.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
All in good time Smile

by scottgay, i guess you mean scottginger
Thanks given by:
That would be me Smile I have a standard loom as well as a cut down loom.
Thanks given by:
I'd presume I'd take the full look then cut down once I figure the wiring out with a standalone etc.
pm me Scott Smile
Thanks given by:
So no bail...?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I never said i was bailing; and remember trying to correct you Alex when you said i was /facepalm...

But yeh, as misstap says up there ^^^

(13-09-2012, 04:08 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: He's not bailing though! It's just on hold!
Thanks given by: