Hdi fuel pressure reg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi fuel pressure reg
Right my hdi has done the dreaded cut out on full throttle, ive had it on a code reader got the p1112 code etc ive cleaned my fpr twice now and its no better, why are they so expensive to buy :nope: no way of telling they are dead or just get another fpr?
Thanks given by:
Take it out and clean it dude
Thanks given by:
Done it makes no difference it still cuts out, changed fuel filter too.
Thanks given by:
checked the lift pump
Thanks given by:
It makes a noise? how do i go about checking it? also any ideas on where to get new O rings for the fpr? the larger one did look abit dodgey
Thanks given by:
O ring iv got one you can have (but its the small green one not the bigger one) for the price of a stamp dude pm me.

Check the fuel filter housing for bits of metal.
Thanks given by:
Right i will check that, as for the o ring i dont worry bout that thanks anyway Smile
Thanks given by:
Bang top of lift pump with hammer?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
lolsteve Wrote:Bang top of lift pump with hammer?

Iv had to do that many times
Thanks given by:
So you've cleaned the regulator?

How about the sensor... if the signal is reading over perhaps the sensor is just sending a bad signal. The ECU just sees a voltage and turns it into a rail pressure. If the sensor is failing it might be sending more voltage out and the ECU is either saying RP is too high, or the actual voltage is over what it expects full stop.

Sensors can fail in all manner of magical and stupid ways.

Dave
Thanks given by:
Yeah, i got a code p1112 when it was checked on a friends diagnostic machine, its only done it since we've has this hot weather.
What sensor the rail one?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuel Pressure Regulator JTaylor2005 3 2,166 11-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Last Post: mr_fish
Brick No fuel pressure Uberderv 13 3,073 04-11-2017, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  expected fuel rail pressure figure... pug306driver 8 1,860 12-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Toms306