Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 estate engine swap
Not sure how busy this forum is any more, I know most forums have taken a hit last few years but I'm mostly posting this to keep a track of my own progress.

Not much to the story currently, bought my 306 5 years ago and the gearbox failed around 2 and a half years ago. Since then it's been sat doing nothing while life got in the way. I bought Piggys XUD motor he had for sale and I will be using that as a replacement instead of just replacing the gearbox. With any luck I will make some progress this year, already sorted all the suspension and brakes out but I might change the rear beam to a xsara VTS or similar at some point but generally I'm happy with handling and brakes.

Anyway this is how it sits currently, want it to look rough on the outside so I'm not tidying the exterior up apart from the roof rails. I'd like to get them tidied up and painted black.

[Image: 1cRkBPZ.jpg]
[Image: EeSadHZ.jpg]

Engine waiting to be put in
[Image: r7ERhtR.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The forum really isn't busy at all these days. It's always good to hear from someone out there who has kept their 306 & still has plans for it. I've still got 3! One is still a daily, but getting shabbier by the day. The others are in varying states states of restoration. When I get the time to work on them again I'll try to post some progress up on here. Cheers!
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2020, 03:31 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: The forum really isn't busy at all these days. It's always good to hear from someone out there who has kept their 306 & still has plans for it. I've still got 3! One is still a daily, but getting shabbier by the day. The others are in varying states states of restoration. When I get the time to work on them again I'll try to post some progress up on here. Cheers!

Yeah I love my wee pug so going to do my best to get it on the road again. Unfortunately I'll need to do it outside so will depend on weather, I know it doesn't take too long to get engine out and the new one in place so just need to get on with it when I get a chance. Also found an electric rear window kit in the boot that I totally forgot I bought so need to fit that nd have solid rear mounts to get fitted aswell.

I think I may have jumped the gun posting this thread, doubt I'll get much time on the pug until I get another project painted but hoping to get to it this year.

Trial fitted a wheel that I've got a set of, have had them lying around for years with nothing to fit them too. Fancied seeing what they look like on the pug.

[Image: SMui8ux.jpg]

Will more then likely stick with the 205 gti wheels tho.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 XSi 2.0 8v to RFS engine swap Joep83 10 2,171 09-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Joep83