Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Wow! So much hate! Jeeeeeeez! Tongue

It was pretty failtastic, can't believe I did it!

Took it out for a proper hard trash last night; got some proper pops & bangs Big Grin annoyingly the quickshifter slipped though and now 2nd is very very low, and 1st is literally where neutral normally is!!

Took it to work today too Big Grin I adore it!! The full Gaz set-up is totally faptastic, specially with the eccentric topmounts; it feels so planted Big Grin

Anyways ill stop ranting on about it..!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Someone pass Ed a tissue....! :grin:
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hope you have changed the tyres Smile
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What from the ones on the car the other car?

Well yes & no...

I still have spec2s on clones on my new car if that's what you mean. Just not driving it in the wet lol
Thanks given by:
Not driving it in the wet? Good luck getting to fcs today!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm coming up tomorrow mate Smile and yes I know, I'm gonna have to drive like a sensible chappie I guess... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Well that was a fooking awesome weekend Big Grin

I didn't realise how much I was stressing trying to get everything ready for FCS, and worrying about the weather etc till Sunday night! I slept prettymuch 14hours straight!!

Massive congratulations and thanks must go to Scott & Adam for getting FCS sorted and making it such a brilliant weekend for us lot Big Grin

Links to photos of my car on the parade lap and on entry;

http://www.photography-uk.com/PictureDet...600)%20/2)

Thanks given by:
That is my mates old one who then sold it to my other mate who you then bought it off. Its a nice motor! Smile

You took the raceland coilovers off it then?
Thanks given by:
Thanks buddy, yeah it is lovely Big Grin

Quite different now to how it was I would think, as I've transferred all my shiny bits off my old '6 now Tongue

All that's needed now is the oil cooler; I genuinely forgot how quickly the oil gets too hot without one!! It's fairly tragic!!

I have some interesting ninja mods coming soon. Nothing mega, but pretty cool nonetheless I think Tongue ninja

where you based btw Ed? I've always liked your car Tongue Love the alloys too, are they TDPR1's?
Thanks given by:
Im from Suffolk, about half hour the other side of Ipswich.

Where do you drive it to get the oil so hot, I dont seem to have a problem unless I thrash it for a long time.

You got any up to date pictures?

What mods you got planned for it then?

They are a Team dynamic qualifier but with out the centre caps, think they are an old wheel and they don't make them any more (no chance of people copying me Smile )

I have finished playing with my car looks wise, I got a mint condition Astor Grey front bumper in the shed to replace my stone chipped one when I can be arsed to swap it all over!
Thanks given by:
You haven't seen eds driving. He calls it heroic. Most call it pure idiotic!!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(05-07-2012, 03:00 PM)Ed_van_Dijk Wrote: Im from Suffolk, about half hour the other side of Ipswich.
Where do you drive it to get the oil so hot, I dont seem to have a problem unless I thrash it for a long time.
You got any up to date pictures?
What mods you got planned for it then?
They are a Team dynamic qualifier but with out the centre caps, think they are an old wheel and they don't make them any more (no chance of people copying me Smile )
I have finished playing with my car looks wise, I got a mint condition Astor Grey front bumper in the shed to replace my stone chipped one when I can be arsed to swap it all over!

Fair doos, yeah that's quite a way away!

Errrm.... to work.... and back.... ninja

I have a particularly amazing road to commute. If i get up early enough I can spank it all the way there Tongue Honestly the roads near me are gawjus, and I'm incredibly immature, hence the oil does get a bit of a roasting. I did worry a bit that it was the car, but my old car was exactly the same, even when I put proper decent oil in it. I need to get another oil change done on this un though, but that'll happend when I cba to refit the cooler; no point in doing it before then!

I have a few from FCS '12, they're on my phone; I'll upload them when I get in from work this evening Smile Visually it hasn't changed much, except it's slightly higher at the back. But basically I swapped all my shiny new stuff that had done sub 800miles on my old car before I stacked it onto this un Smile

The spec is as follows:

Suspension:
- Meyle HD Wishbones
- Gaz GHA Coilovers, 275lb main springs
- Compbrake Eccentric Top-mounts
- Fully re-bushed front suspension
- Rebuilt Xsara VTS rear beam, lowered ~40mm
- Baker BM Group-N Engine Mounts (still to be fitted)
-Group-N Exhaust Rubbers (still to be fitted)
-Phillipm Lower Strut-brace
- OMP Upper Strut Brace (still to be fitted)

Brakes:
- Brembo Discs all round
- Mintex 1144 pads all round
- Braided brake lines
- Painted Calipers (*To be done in the next month or so!)

Engine:
- 4-2-1 Exhaust manifold
- PTFE Inlet Gasket
- Induction cone fitted
- De-Resonator’d
- Mocal 13-row Oil Cooler with Thermostatic Sandwich Plate (still to be fitted)
- Lightened Billet flywheel
- Lightened Billet Crank pulley
- Griffiths Engineering Quickshift

There are a few bits I really want to do, such as a nissens rad, ds2500 pads or possibly bigger brakes (cause I'm a whore like that), different alloys, and then long-term maybe cams and bodies, or maybe boost, but that is really long-term!!

I'm well jel of your spare bumper though, mine has one slight scuff at the bottom n/s, looks like the previous owner caught a kerb slightly, but I want it sorted! All in time though, I'm prettymuch gonna just enjoy driving it as is for now, and save the to-do list for the winter when it's off the road!

What you got planned for yours, or just enjoying it as is?

(05-07-2012, 03:17 PM)Niall Wrote: You haven't seen eds driving. He calls it heroic. Most call it pure idiotic!!!

Oh. I didn't realise it was like that Sad

Least I don't put oil on roundabouts so I can look cool going sideways, eh Niall.... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Ah cool you have done a fair bit to it then, I know when trev had it he had the flywheel fitted but that about it...

Yeah my spare bumper was a bonus, I got it from harry who you got your car from, he had it sat there from an astor he broke for spares and said i could have it for a tenner then he decided he would give it to me for free! I just need to change the fogs as I smashed one of them.

Im done with mine looks wise, except trying to keep it cleanish..

Engine wise, Id like to get a lightened flywheel and id like to cam it but tbh i dont really think its worth it, I got a lightened pully on it. Need to do something with the exhaust though as there seem to be a rattle at 3.5k which pisses me off. Prescott hill done it to me! lol
Thanks given by:
Lightened Fly make much difference IYO?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Mario cart oil slicks FTMFW!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You are lucky to have a good commute, most of mine is spent under 20mph. Must be good if you have a bad day at work to be able to spank the car home and relieve some stress. :-)

Out of interest is the toe on the VTS beams the same?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2012, 08:58 PM)lewisdmz Wrote: You are lucky to have a good commute, most of mine is spent under 20mph. Must be good if you have a bad day at work to be able to spank the car home and relieve some stress. :-)

Out of interest is the toe on the VTS beams the same?

Haha oh its a very good un! I do but tbh I haven't driven the car to work more than a couple of times due to the weather. Its so crap, I was really hoping for some prolonged sunshine so I could make the most of the insurance I'm paying anyway etc Sad

I believe the vts beam has the same toe as the 6 beam; its the zx16v beam that has 0deg toe in Smile
Thanks given by:
Correct Smile
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not a massive update, basically the car had sat doing nothing since Mazz & I went on holiday 22nd June. So I got it out on Friday night ninja

Didn't really do much driving of it over the weekend, and i haven't even had a chance to give it a clean which is verydepressing, but I did paint my brake calipers on Saturday, which was vaguely theraputic and meant I could spend the day outside with Mazz whilst she did the garden Smile

[Image: IMAG0018.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0020.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0025.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0022.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0023.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0027.jpg]

Halfway through the afternoon, Mazz had to go to Homebase to get more supplies, so I took a halfway shot of the garden (no idea what she was halfway through but still!)

[Image: IMAG0031.jpg]

And a shot of my wheel which I LOVE

[Image: IMAG0029.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0039.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0036.jpg]

AAANd the finished article all back together Smile
[Image: IMAG0045.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0048.jpg]

Big Grin I really like it, and I've definitely noticed the +20bhp that all tuners know is released with red calipers...

I also changed the top engine mount to my bbm group n one whilst letting the penultimate coat of paint dry on the calipers. I didn't take photos, as it's such a straightfoward operation, but even with just the top bbm mount installed, it's noticably improved sharpness, and brought more vibrations into the car lol.

On Sunday Mazz & I had a proper lazy morning, and then met my uncle and my parents and one of the brothers at my grans house down the road. Took the '6. Offended everyone on the way home. my uncle used to own a lancia Delta Integrale, and LOVES the '6 now after my 'brisk' acceleration out of my grans Wink

As the weather is amazing, I'm driving it to work this week. LOVING IT Big Grin

That is all Smile Really hoping to be able to give it a proper detail at some point over the coming couple of weeks, but tbh I'm just massively pleased to be able to drive it in half-decent weather!

[Image: IMAG0051.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice chavtastic calipers there Ed !!

No in all seriousness that is a proper tidy job considering that they are in the car. remindes me i must get on and paint mine, going to opt for black or silver Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Looking really nice, get over here with it!
Thanks given by:
In all honesty it was a piece of piss to do, just spray the brake cleaner all over the calipers , give it a good brushing and then start painting!

I did slightly pikey it, I haven't fully painted the rea of the calipers up but the effect is brilliant.
Thanks given by:
How did I miss all that about the TPS?! Epic trolling missed out on!

Motor's looking really tidy though mate. Normally i'd be saying something like "needs moar lows" but it really doesn't, tis a fine example.

Steering wheel's upside down though..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 08:40 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: How did I miss all that about the TPS?! Epic trolling missed out on!

Motor's looking really tidy though mate. Normally i'd be saying something like "needs moar lows" but it really doesn't, tis a fine example.

Steering wheel's upside down though..

Haha, yeah tbh i can't believe you missed the opportunity either! Complete fail on my part!

thanks for the comments too, I really love how it sits, imo it's just right. Still its a nightmare on heavily chambered roads, the lower strut brace has ground out several times, I have to be so careful on the lane going into work!

and did you not know the combinatipn of eccentric topmounts, gaz coilovers and a dished wheel results in the car self oppo-locking? Tongue
Thanks given by:
No, but I knew the above combination resulted in you imagining cyclists and crashing into the back of someone?

Don't talk to me about grounding out. I have no idea how I still have a sump plug. Or gas in the dampers.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking lol x2! lmao
Thanks given by:
so glad i just re done mine yellow with astor haha.loving the fresh redness tho
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
tidy job mate, buuuut not really a fan of red calipers...

still, each to their own, and i'd still have sex with your car.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
[Image: ec3d06a9.jpg]
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
FFS Grant. Just cause you're jealous!

In other news, I mega-graunched it into 2nd today, shifted 'enthusiastically' from 1st to 2nd, and the quikshifter slipped so it didnt go into gear, just made a HORRID noise. need to get that quickshitfter looked at, it's not at a very good angle right now! Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,624 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 133,152 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle