Airbag light flashing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbag light flashing
I know this is a common thing and i read before how to sort it but ive forgotten.. How do i fix this without taking out the bulb as my mot is in a couple of days Smile thanks
Thanks given by:
Look under your seats. If you still have the plugs, chop them off and crimp the wires.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Will the light come on with the ignition and turn off when started yeah? Smile Cheers niall!
Thanks given by:
thought flashing airbag light ment something had fired

and nial dont be so rough! fix the plugs i did a guide, go do a search for it

edit: found it
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=466&hilit=airbag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=29&t=466&hilit=airbag</a><!-- l -->
Thanks given by:
Nah tensioners havent fired Smile Sometimes it flashes other times it doesn't so its that dodgy connection.. Thanks cully Smile
Thanks given by:
Silly question (I have lots)

If the air bag light is on, is there any way of checking which side of the car is at fault, or do you have to do both sides?
Thanks given by:
Unless you have some sort of diagnostics tool that reads airbag faults, you need to check both.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
the light on means there is a fault in the system and its turned itself off, i.e it wont be working if you have a head-on smash.

as already said, check the multiplugs under both seats.---------if its on after this then its time to get the car scanned by somebody.

clockspring behind steering wheel can go faulty----------dont ever go near it with a multimeter!!!!!
Thanks given by:
I can read the faults with my pug planet if your going to fcs?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
the light being on could also mean the passenger airbag is disabled via the key switch Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Airbag light on, other lights not coming on TULL3RZ 0 1,138 25-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Last Post: TULL3RZ
  Flashing headlights Cornishnutter 3 1,503 12-05-2017, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
  Airbag Light Flashing RetroPug 17 3,728 15-10-2016, 09:35 AM
Last Post: RetroPug