Hey!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey!!!
Video 
Hi guys, I'm Karl I'm 29 years old and live in Sudbury Suffolk. 

I have today purchased my first 306 phase 1 xrd and I love it !!!! 

Needs work but I have a passion for older Peugeots and hope one day to own a 205 1.6 gti.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
looks clean for a phase one
what jobs do you need to do to it ?
Thanks given by:
hey Jamie,

the only rust on it is some surface rust between the window screen and electric sunroof.
needs a new locking motor drivers side.
heater comes out cold, have tried to flush it through but I'm still getting minimal heat.
apart from that its completely standard (in need of some alloys) interior really is like new.
the car has done 122,000 miles and runs so nicely for an old diesel
Thanks given by:
unfortunately that heaters coming out cold might be the matrix blocked up, common problem iv had to change 2 of them absolute pig of a job.
if the locking motor is the same as a phase 3 i have a motor
and also have a set of 14 inch alloys from a ph3 Hdi meridian
like these
[Image: PEUGEOT%20306%20HDI%20(17).JPG]
if you interested in any more bits and bobs the ph3 is getting broken for parts as i wanted a gearbox and it worked out cheaper to buy the full car.
Thanks given by:
hello and welcome aboard!
looks like a very tidy example.
i'm on my 2nd pug, my previous being a 205 GRD. which I had s/h for 12 yrs.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Jamie how much would you be looking for the alloys ? I'm not a modifier so these standard Peugeot alloys would be perfect. I have spoke to my local garage and he said he will give it a go to try and unblock it. The matrix is defo not leaking.

Yea sometimes it is cheaper to buy a whole car !!!
Thanks given by:
£50 sound ok for them? there still on the car at the moment should hopfully be stripping it in the next week or so.
Thanks given by:
Will they need tyres ? are they ok ?

Where are you based ? I'm in Suffolk
Thanks given by:
i'm in ng22 Nottinghamshire, tyres are ok plenty of thread, one tyre has started to perish on the side wall but nothing serious just an old tyre i think
Thanks given by:
Your about 2hrs 30ish away from me quite a trek lol
Thanks given by:
Hi karl. Welcome to the forum. Im over in Woodbridge, there are a few around Bury St Edmunds and a few around Ipswich so there are a good number of us local. French Car Show and Pugfest are the biggest shows of the year. Id recommend Pugfest as thats where we typically get the best turn out! Smile

In terms of wheels its a phase 1 so you dont want anything too modern. It looks super tidy so keeping it stock may be the way forwards. Typical mods are cyclone alloys (Gti6) which should cost you under 100 in decent condition. Then a 40mm drop with Bilstein B12 suspension. If you need any work done i would recommend Carl Chambers at pugsport racing. He will be able to do anything from servicing through to full restorations... including the rear torsion bar lowering!
Thanks given by:
Hi Eeyore its good to know your local as I thought I would be too far out the way as I've experienced in previous owners clubs.

The car is very clean but worryingly I've come across rust in the passenger side rear arch where the lining has been missing. My local garage don't seem to hopeful about it and are taking a closer look tomorrow. Im now very worried the car is going to be a waste because of some rest. The only other bit of rust is in front of the electric sunroof but this is surface and is no worry to me and I will get this done in the summer.

Funnily enough I'm already in contact with Carl and off to see him Saturday for an arch lining and locking motor for the drivers door.

I have requested to join the club on facebook a few days ago but its still pending ?

Any advice is welcome and I am free at weekends to meet up.

I don't want to modify the car but some Peugeot alloys and a drop in height would really set the car off.
Thanks given by:
is the rust on the arch or is it up around the seat belt mounting point. This is an increasingly common issue so I would get it fixed and move on. Carl can probably fix the rust too. Usually its a case of cut it out, weld a new piece in and then underseal it lots and leave. You can fit a liner if you want but NSR liners are rare. Its more likely that it came from the factory without one than it being lost!
Thanks given by:
In the arch around the seat belt

Garage is not sure weather it can/should be fixed. When you say move on do you mean get rid of it ? I love it and want to carry on with it if I can.
Thanks given by:
anything can be fixed with enough time and money! i had the problem on my current ph2 3door and my old ph2 5 door on the 5 door it was rusted out to the point where would could fit a football in the hole.
as far as i can tell the arch liner on the passenger side rear was only fitted to the ph3 cars although my ph1 d turbo 3 door did have one fitted when i bought it.
to fix it properly it needs cutting out by someone who knows what there doing and panels from a good car that has had the liner since new welding in and sealing properly.
sent you a pm also.
Thanks given by:
It's a very common problem & lots of 306's have had the N/S rear wheel arch welded. If the garage you mentioned don't feel confident in fixing it then phone around n find one that is! A good fabricator will be able to repair the panels with fresh metal.

I think Eyore was saying bite the bullet, swallow the cost to get it fixed n then enjoy the car. At this age they often need some attention but the compensation is driving something that's fun, increasingly rare & therefore a bit different from the norm!

I've got away with just a minor amount of rust! (You need remove the trim from NS of the boot to fully check the extent of it).

Thanks given by:
I have someone who is doing it. It's in Tuesday to have done not as expensive as I thought too. I'm not giving up on it I like it too much. I have seen the full extent and will post a pic up soon.

Thanks for all the advice I appreciate it.
Thanks given by:
Video 
This is the extent of the rust.

This is the only major rust on it so this will be done Tuesday and the car will be solid can't be bad for a phase 1 surely its nearly as old as me lol

Thanks given by:
(09-01-2019, 04:03 PM)Karlos89 Wrote: This is the extent of the rust.

This is the only major rust on it so this will be done Tuesday and the car will be solid can't be bad for a phase 1 surely its nearly as old as me lol

That's bad, can't be much car left!

Good job you checked and you're getting it sorted
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
Yea it is pretty bad but not unrepairable. It will be fine when it's done.
Thanks given by:
oooh yes thats a good hole there! would love to see some pictures of the repair once its all done
Thanks given by:
Yea I will request some pictures of it.
Thanks given by:
So today I visited Carl Chambers. I managed to get most of the bits I needed minus cyclone alloys.

I thought I needed a new lock motor but it turns out the wires in the door lume had worn and cut through each other. Anyway got back and soldered the wires back and now have a fully functional remote central locking, was a pain in the arse but with some patience it all came together.

Also fitted a phase 1 gti spoiler.

Im in the process amping all my speakers as I love music when driving.

The car is off to a fabricator on Tuesday to have the panel cut out and a new one put in so I'm happy Carl was able to provide me with a arch liner !!!! Top bloke he is.

Pictures will follow tomorrow of the spoiler on.
Thanks given by:
spoiler on and rear wiper off. looks much tidier

Thanks given by:
Interesting its got a fun pin stripe. Thats one of the worst rust cases Ive seen but to be honest youve got to cut and weld a panel regardless of the side. Sorted is sorted Smile
Thanks given by:
Yea I take it pin stripe is not a standard fitted thing ? The pin stripes will be coming off eventually.
Thanks given by:
Hi, Congratulations and I pray that you get 205 1.6 gti also soon !! Smile
Thanks given by:
Well I got her back today all welded up and a GTi bumper fitted !

Thanks given by:
nice one, get the arch liner fitted along with the boot carpet stuck back to the inner arch and it should never cause you a problem again
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate I am really happy with how its been repaired I told them to make it look tidy. There was a bit more rust than expected but nothing they couldn't do. Arch liner was fitted about 15mins a go lol need to stick carpet back on over the weekend. Really happy with how the bumper has changed the look so much better.
Thanks given by: