What do I do?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do I do?
1.8 is being broken for parts which I'm actually genuinely sad about but onwards and upwards. Will stick a breaking thread up soon.
There's a scuff of back bumper, a scuff on one of the door strips and a mark on the drivers wing. Oh and the drivers seat has gone like Scott's.
Other than that it's nice. Want to get my exhaust on there quickly though as the old standard one sounds shit in comparison haha
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Did the bottom end get sorted in the end mate? or was it still dodgy?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Mate don't sell the engine, you'll never get back what you spent on it. Keep it garaged, spend a little over time getting that coilpack and save up for an ECU in a few months, and get back to work on your project. If you need the space then you're welcome to put it in my garage.
Thanks given by:
Shame you're getting rid of the 1.8 niall, but atleast another 306 is replacing it! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Scott thanks for the offer mate but I've had a offer on the engine that covers the costs to a level im happy with. And best thing is I get to help and see it finished and finally finished which I'm really happy about because I've never taken a project on like that so its quite a big thing for me to see it come together. Even if it didn't happen straight away!

Ok a bit more about the new car
1999 gti6. It was made on the same day in the same factory as the 1.8!
It's on 73k with service history, all the keys and various original paperwork. Only thing it hadn't got it belt history so I'm ordering one pay day.
Engine bay needs a good clean as its messy as hell and it's got a slight leak from the corner of the sump which i will drop and seal when I do my oil change.
Speedo sensor is intermittent but I've got 2 spares so no big deal!

Oh and in true traditional pug style, I drove my old man up the road in it, parked up and I could hear water.....yep it was pissing its coolant. Radiator cap is fooked so I swapped the one off the 1.8 but the expansion bottle isn't brilliant so will order a nissens (my 1.8 one won't fit Sad ) after fcs.

[Image: 9aac34ce.jpg]

[Image: 99215b6a.jpg]
First mod Big Grin

[Image: b6afee20.jpg]

[Image: bf3de2ad.jpg]

[Image: 9e341d82.jpg]

[Image: 326d50e2.jpg]

[Image: 6ce8150c.jpg]

Oh and supprise supprise the alarm sounder doesn't work! Anyone got a working one for sale?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well, that was quick..
Thanks given by:
very nice! that bay is filthy tho!
so the 1.8T project will live on?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Can I shotgun your spare speedo sensor? lol

Looks tidy mate Smile Fair enough if you're happy with the money you'll make back, just didn't want to see you sell for the sake of needing the space or something!

Myself and Ed were thinking of doing a 'group buy' on oil so if you want maybe we could all lump in, get it all delivered to one place and hopefully save a bit each?
Thanks given by:
Needs more lows ninja
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:very nice! that bay is filthy tho!

It will indeed

Vlj, tbh I had been having naughty thoughts about 7.5k a lot recently and the mot failure plus other bits that needed doing was the nail in the coffin. Would of cost me 500 quid to get it back to a good standard so just wasn't worth it.
I am genuinely sad that I'm breaking the 1.8 and as silly as this sounds, I am genuinely upset that it will be going shortly (sure ed can appreciate where I'm coming from) but its like that old trusty dog...when the pet insurance runs out and it's still ill, you take it out to the back garden and feed it antifreeze.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:Needs more lows ninja

I know....gutted I just sold my gti springs......

Scott sounds good but it's literally just had a oil and filter change so won't be for a while. Cambelt is more important at the mo.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
samass Wrote:very nice! that bay is filthy tho!

It will indeed

Vlj, tbh I had been having naughty thoughts about 7.5k a lot recently and the mot failure plus other bits that needed doing was the nail in the coffin. Would of cost me 500 quid to get it back to a good standard so just wasn't worth it.
I am genuinely sad that I'm breaking the 1.8 and as silly as this sounds, I am genuinely upset that it will be going shortly (sure ed can appreciate where I'm coming from) but its like that old trusty dog...when the pet insurance runs out and it's still ill, you take it out to the back garden and feed it antifreeze.

It's a shame to see it gone, as I said before everything you did to the 1.8 was just.. right.. and you can see (from pictures :p) that it turned out so well. Really liked the car!
Still, a 6 will be far more fun, and I'm extremely jealous of you for getting one. My time might be soon though Smile
Thanks given by:
The 6 will look the same as the 1.8. I loved how it looked and how it handled but having that extra power, the extra noise on cam and not much to fix is much more appealing.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
pretty much just swapping over all your nice bits off the 1.8 onto the '6 then?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:pretty much just swapping over all your nice bits off the 1.8 onto the '6 then?

Yep. Will look the same. I'm not modifying the engine though other than my inlet (because it's clean) and my exhaust.
Oh and my audio Is definitely going in. Can't live without my focals!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Exhaust...? I thought you had a standard 1.8 manifold?
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Exhaust...? I thought you had a standard 1.8 manifold?

Yeah. Exhaust is going back for a new Cat anyway so will get him to shorten it to fit the 6.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Bit of a shitter really, but the 6 looks great, what I was looking for but didnt want to pay over a grand.

Are you breaking the 1.8 for spares or is it going whole so to speak.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:Hmm, are you breaking the 1.8 for spares or is it going whole so to speak.

Breaking. Big chunk is already sold. Will stick a breaking thread up later.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
dont know what to think really... 6 is obviously awesome and youre going to have a lot of fun! Then again... its another 1.8 gone Sad farewell 1.8 fwend! D:
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:dont know what to think really... 6 is obviously awesome and youre going to have a lot of fun! Then again... its another 1.8 gone Sad farewell 1.8 fwend! D:

Don't worry. The engine is living on in another car that is on this forum.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall, what you doing with the shell?
As I'm after the complete interior loom, can come up and remove it myself if you're scrapping it.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Chris Wrote:Niall, what you doing with the shell?
As I'm after the complete interior loom, can come up and remove it myself if you're scrapping it.

Pm'd
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:
Scott Wrote:Exhaust...? I thought you had a standard 1.8 manifold?

Yeah. Exhaust is going back for a new Cat anyway so will get him to shorten it to fit the 6.

Meh, sack the cat off. This car requires a win-pipe! Scott, back me up here!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Yeah. Exhaust is going back for a new Cat anyway so will get him to shorten it to fit the 6.

Meh, sack the cat off. This car requires a win-pipe! Scott, back me up here!!

Well actually, I was going to get him to split the cat and cat back where it would normally be split, then sell the new longlife cat for a decat.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
New car looks pretty kol mate......

badumtish
Thanks given by:
[Image: 222cd072.jpg]

Ok so the drivers side was rotten. All the underseal had stayed in place though so couldn't see it till I ripped it off. The other side though is definitely not rotten. Just surface rust. Not taking my car there for a mot again!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: