Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Air filters
#1
So im looking to get a new air filter very soon as my one looks like so chavs have had there way with it. Would any tell me a good make for the dt?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
#2
Mowle5677 Wrote:So im looking to get a new air filter very soon as my one looks like so chavs have had there way with it. Would any tell me a good make for the dt?

De-filter
On the 306 waiting list.
#3
Toxic-Jake Wrote:
Mowle5677 Wrote:So im looking to get a new air filter very soon as my one looks like so chavs have had there way with it. Would any tell me a good make for the dt?

De-filter

For the noise and quick spool yes

for shit getting in your engine and wearing stuff out, no, I will take a look inside my current engine when i swap it over.........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#4
Yeah I only run de filter because I can't be bothered to custom route up an air filter.
On the 306 waiting list.
#5
I use standard airbox with BMC filter, which to be honest is probably no different to a standard filter. works well enough though.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#6
De filter ftw
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#7
If you ran de-filter with the standard box and piping, think it'd still suck crap into the engine?

The intake is on the top of the airbox so surely anything would get to the bottom, although with boost there'd be a hoover effect going on...hmm...
#8
bigcheez2k3 Wrote:If you ran de-filter with the standard box and piping, think it'd still suck crap into the engine?

The intake is on the top of the airbox so surely anything would get to the bottom, although with boost there'd be a hoover effect going on...hmm...
I was wondering this..
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
#9
Have you seen the amount of shit trapped in your airboxes? Turby blades will mince them nicely, sure but its the really really small particulates causing wear over many miles. Should be ok though!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
#10
Haha I used to LIVE for the de-filter, because I couldnt give a shite about my blocks, but over time it does score your bores a little... I did 15K with no filter, and the block was fine, but on head removal you can see it has scored the bore a tiny bit, plus it probably dosent do the turbo any good, and you run the risk of ingesting stones and children.

For testing to see if it makes power difference go for it, but long term have a BFO intake pipe and filter....
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
#11
mark_airey Wrote:For the noise and quick spool yes

for shit getting in your engine and wearing stuff out, no, I will take a look inside my current engine when i swap it over.........

There will be half a rabbit in there.
#12
Dave Wrote:Haha I used to LIVE for the de-filter, because I couldnt give a shite about my blocks, but over time it does score your bores a little... I did 15K with no filter, and the block was fine, but on head removal you can see it has scored the bore a tiny bit, plus it probably dosent do the turbo any good, and you run the risk of ingesting stones and children.

For testing to see if it makes power difference go for it, but long term have a BFO intake pipe and filter....
lol
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
#13
why not buy an aftermarket filter and bung it in the standard airbox ??

that way you are happy it makes noises, engines happy as its not sucking in sh-t.


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In-line fuel filters Jackabeen93 24 11,710 05-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Dicky

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)