Changing number plate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing number plate
So ive wanted a private plate for a while. Im wondering if i can remove a number plate off an already registered vehicle rather than buying one. Im basically just after a reg that i can keep not something obnoxious. Wouldnt mind the reg off my old race estate for example. Y664 VNV
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
as long as you do the requisite paperwork then I think it's a yes.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
fair enough. Having never actually done this before im going to look into costs and see how much i need to save up. In a ideal world id like a G reg plate as thats the year i was born but i can imagine getting a car with the plate on or someone willing to sell there plate is going to be hard to come by,
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
You can do it fairly easily online now. It cost's £80 to retain a plate last I checked. The car must be registered to you though and I believe it needs to be taxed and MOT'd but not 100% on that. Obviously you can also buy a plate from someone else, as long as they have retained it using the same process.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Original number plate removal. Chris_90 0 726 25-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Selling a Private Number plate Toms306 28 5,290 21-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
  Number plate surrounds, or no number plate surrounds? Oil-burner 17 5,337 16-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Matt