Removing and Refitting Side Skirts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing and Refitting Side Skirts
Morning All,

How easy is it to remove the side skirts on a phase 3? I'd like to take them off to give the underneath a good clean and wax coating to prevent it from rusting under there. 

How easy are they to remove? Will I need new clips etc or are they stuck on? I don't want to go pulling them off and then not be able to get them back on.

Cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
I've had the passenger side skirt off, and just riveted them back on from the inside, still good 2 years on. Just drilled the originals out from the inside.
Thanks given by:
yep. they are riveted on.
pull off the rubber sill strip off the top edge and you will see them.
also riveted underneath.
reattach with either rivets, self tappers, or, if you're really keen, rivnuts.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
As said above they a riveted but they have some clips to that aren't available now.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the info guys. I bet this is a long shot but does anyone have a picture of what I am going to expect clip wise? Maybe I could do some internet trawling and find something similar? I'd like to put them back on as properly as possible really.
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2018, 08:27 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Cheers for the info guys. I bet this is a long shot but does anyone have a picture of what I am going to expect clip wise? Maybe I could do some internet trawling and find something similar? I'd like to put them back on as properly as possible really.

not sure if these are correct but - - -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Peugeot...1216357860
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(20-02-2018, 09:42 AM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(19-02-2018, 08:27 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Cheers for the info guys. I bet this is a long shot but does anyone have a picture of what I am going to expect clip wise? Maybe I could do some internet trawling and find something similar? I'd like to put them back on as properly as possible really.

not sure if these are correct but - - -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Genuine-Peugeot...1216357860

hmmm im not sure. they look more like the side strips clips not the side skirt ones.
Thanks given by:
One for the resident parts geek......that will be me then.

6995 P6.

[Image: IMG_20180225_220712.jpg]

Long been NFP and NLA, at least 5 years I think. Appear very very infrequently on eBay. My parts man found me about 8 pairs from all over Europe which we bought. I sold the rest and have these 4, plus the two on the brand new side skirts I have.

One clip per skirt, at the back, near the rear wheel arch. Have a tendency to come unstuck from the skirt when removing it. The glue isn't great. The harder bit is freeing them from the body without breaking them. I need to check as I can't remember if you can get to them.from inside the rear arch once you've removed the arch liner or if they sit behind the panel over the inside of the rear quarter. If you can get the clips out without breaking them, there is no reason you can't use a bit of glue and glue them back to the side skirt once off.

There are 6 of the other clips that are linked in the posts above. Best get some new of those two as they tend to break as well.

The rivets are a pain to drill out. A combo of steel and aluminium which makes life awkward. Go steady with the drill as you may end up making a mess of the mounting points on the skirt (voice of experience....)
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
Nice one Ben cheers. So I need 6 of he ones above and then 2 of the type you have that appear very thin on the ground now haha Smile
Thanks given by:
I would just rivet the side skirt back on, would save the stress, expense and time of trying to find the above clips, and it does a good job.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2018, 07:32 AM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Nice one Ben cheers. So I need 6 of he ones above and then 2 of the type you have that appear very thin on the ground now haha Smile

Yes, that's correct. I'll see if we can find any more of the 6995 P6's anywhere.
Thanks given by:
is that the same for 5-door?
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Not sure......

Send me a vin and I'll check
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2018, 02:52 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Not sure......

I hope it is! Mine is a 5 door haha. I have ordered the eBay clips. Now if Ben W knows where I could order some of the other type I will get them. I want to do a proper job of it Smile

I know there is a chunk missing out the bottom of one of the side skirts so I am going to patch it up with fibre glass and filler then sand, primer, paint and lacquer to stop water and grime getting up into the underside of the skirt and getting stuck in there rusting the sill.
Thanks given by:

i'll have to get back to you on that Undecided
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2018, 03:00 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote:

I hope it is! Mine is a 5 door haha. I have ordered the eBay clips. Now if Ben W knows where I could order some of the other type I will get them. I want to do a proper job of it Smile

I know there is a chunk missing out the bottom of one of the side skirts so I am going to patch it up with fibre glass and filler then sand, primer, paint and lacquer to stop water and grime getting up into the underside of the skirt and getting stuck in there rusting the sill.

I'll message my parts man, see if he can locate any.

Anyone else after any while I'm at it?
Thanks given by:
Right, good news and good news.

Good news is that the rear clips are accessible via the rear arch once the arch liner is removed.

Other good news is that when I checked my Rallye, I found a clip still in the hole.....

[Image: IMG_20180226_190527.jpg]

Means I've a spare if you want it.....and I must check the other side skirt and see if the other one is on there
Thanks given by:
you sound like a shit part man lol, got a vin mate? no cando without a vin mate.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
To be honest Mei, I could probably find it without a VIN. Just far easier with one.

Looks like a 5 door has different fittings and doesn't need the unavailable clip.

[Image: Screenshot_20180227_153308.png]
Thanks given by:
Ahh cheers for all your help guys. Glad I have the right clips then by the looks of it Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting Side Skirts MY95 10 2,145 07-08-2015, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Side skirt extensions and rear diffuser side pieces Slam Wagon 38 6,039 19-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Can you fit Ph3 side skirts on a Ph2? Nathan1305 4 1,475 09-04-2014, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305