Uprated dampers on standard springs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uprated dampers on standard springs?
You see allot of people put lowering springs on standard dampers but is it okay to put standard springs on uprated dampers?

I've ordered some KYB Ultra SRs for my gti6 and got some OEM springs will that be an okay combo?
Thanks given by:
you may get a stiffer response over bumps Itwasntme
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought stiffer... I wonder if the ride height may be a little higher not allowing the springs to be compressed to standard height...
Thanks given by:
I think Magenta was being rude gti6man ....or is it just my filthy mind?!!  Rofl

Everything I can see about them suggests they are a non-adjustable replacement for standard shocks and hence appropriate for use with standard springs.  Ride height shouldn't be affected.

I believe their description as being 'for the sports driver' with 'harder damping force' just means they won't allow the spring to compress (or extend?) as quickly.  As such they should give a more controlled feel on a smooth road surface but may mean you have less grip on a s**t one!!
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2018, 05:32 PM)Mighty306 Wrote: I think Magenta was being rude gti6man ....or is it just my filthy mind?!!  Rofl

I know what was in my mind - - - Rofl
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
They will be fine, they're just OE replacements with a stiffer foot valve.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  whats the best dampers and springs procta 13 2,134 07-01-2016, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Mole man
  Droplinks.... buy standard or are there uprated?? Shea 22 8,838 28-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  dampers. kingy 7 2,952 08-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Last Post: kingy