Remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remap
Just got another 306 estate, would my old saved remap file work on my new car or would the ecu's be different, old car- Y reg hdi estate, new car- Y reg hdi estate ???
Thanks given by:
You would want to double check the ecu numbers though i would guess they would be the same with them both being Y reg, they should both be 3 plug ecu which will be 592 i would imagine.
Thanks given by:
Seen Y plate cars with all sorts of ECUs so check numbers before writing.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Cheers, without knowing the ecu from the old car, would that number be on the remap file ? . also where can I download the mpps13 software from
Thanks given by:
I think if you loaded it into Winols and checked it's properties you should find out the HW/SW numbers. To be honest though you should always use the original file from the car and mod that. Plenty of info out there on how to pretty much copy one to t'other, if you want a hint or tip just ask.

You could ask the original remapper to do the swap who might do it for nowt, or learn how to do it.
Thanks given by:
To be honest I'm pretty useless when it comes to computers, so I might just send the ecu to hdi tuning and buy a new map, just thought it might of been a straight swap so I'd give it a go, cheers for all the replies
Thanks given by: