shell diesel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shell diesel
Doing fuel check just in case that's to do with non stating issue, but doubt it as pp2000 says intermittent unlock signal to eng ecu and key problems.

At what temperature does the wax drop out of ordinary summer diesel please, as spare can diesel had "bits" floating around in it. They are very small bits that eventually sink.

Winter diesel should have been sold before xmas, before December at least one would have thought, as that was the last time I put fuel in the car, a week or 2 before xmas.

I prefer to get fuel at the same pump always..........if I can, at least since the summer.
Thanks given by:
Distribution starts in November, your non-start will not be due to this however. Summer diesel is good to -5*C which you'll very rarely see temperatures like that actually in the tank. If you've not got P0230 or P1114, diesel gelling is not your problem.

BSI problem or transponder ring giving problems I'll bet.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks ruan, will be checking that sort of stuff this weekend, and will report back. Not sure how to get the codes from pp2000, just a text telling of the problems, but will have a further play with pp2000 for codes. thanks again.
Thanks given by:
press F6 (IIRC) and that will give you a bit more info.
Thanks given by:
It's good to hear you have PP2k.

I think there is a screen that shows the ECU state, whether it's locked or not. Try finding that screen to see if your key is unlocking the ECU.

If it is and the cars taking a few cranks before starting it could be a fuel pressure issue. On PP2k look at the live parameters and see what fuel pressure you're getting on cranking. You need more than 300bar before the ecu will operate the injectors.
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2018, 12:34 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: It's good to hear you have PP2k.

I think there is a screen that shows the ECU state, whether it's locked or not. Try finding that screen to see if your key is unlocking the ECU.

If it is and the cars taking a few cranks before starting it could be a fuel pressure issue. On PP2k look at the live parameters and see what fuel pressure you're getting on cranking. You need more than 300bar before the ecu will operate the injectors.

Do not trust whether PP2k reckons your ECU is locked or unlocked. Just ask me how I know.

Multiple evenings wasted due to that.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the heads up.

That's a bloody useless function then.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the replies guy's, i'm still alive ( stent ) and now have quite a bit of time to sort the pug.
Thanks given by: