Injector options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injector options
evening all, 

The HDI is stopping along lovely with 200k around the corner. Something I’d like to sort is the noisy injectors, appreciate this is a characteristic of these but mine are especially loud and smokey, every other passenger “whats that ticking noise?” Two stroke helps but I’d still like to address it. 

I know they can be quieter as I’ve driven and worked on various DW10’s! 406 110? 307 8v? Or just refurbish a set of 306 ones? 

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Most will say try and get hold of a set of low milage 076 injectors which are in the new 2 litre 8 valve hdis which do seem to be a bit quieter. I guess if you want perfect injectors you would be wanting to go down the refurbished injector line though but that would obviously be a reasonable bit of money. Whereas you can usually pick up a set of 076 injectors for around the £40/50 mark.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for that, will get looking!
Thanks given by:
I may possibly have some going spare from a 206 hdi engine in a month or so time. I'll message you nearer the time to see if you are still after some then. Though there is usually a few on ebay.
Thanks given by:
Yer please do, I’m in no huge rush.

Correct items?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...2231635706
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the ones, can get them a bit cheaper than that usually
Thanks given by: