My HDi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My HDi
It's the A4059 on the Brecon Beacons in south Wales mateWink
Thanks given by:
Sweet got three days off might have a look at that road bit of a mission but google maps it looks like a fantastic road, might even take the pug rather than the st
Thanks given by:
Well, after following oil-burners excellent guide I've now got a set of Valeo's black masked and almost finished and ready to fit. I've also lightly tinted a spare set of rear light clusters to tie in with the gold and black theme.

Front end wise the adjustable drop links are still not fitted as I've now got hold of a pair of Spax shortened and uprated front shocks, complete with Spax springs plus I'm hoping to collect a GTi-6 front ARB which will all be fitted at the same time......

......an there's a set of 1144's and Brembo discs arriving any day now.
Thanks given by:
Bud - you're in danger of becoming an uprated parts hoarder like me but at least you'll get your stuff fitted this side of Xmas lol
Thanks given by:
You obviously haven't seen the inside of my garage Andy........there's more spare parts than garage these days.
Thanks given by:
Whalen you coming over to pick up this tool box and drop them wipers off? Need it out my car now lol. What spares you got? ninja
Thanks given by:
[Image: Harlyn2012043.jpg]
[Image: Harlyn2012042-1.jpg]
[Image: Harlyn2012045.jpg]

Thanks again for the excellent guide for the masks oil-burnerWink
Thanks given by:
Those masks and rear lights look the nutz bud, really nice - when can I persuade/pay you to tint my rear lights too pls? lol
Thanks given by:
If you order a can of this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290475498106?s...1423.l2649 then let me know when you've got it I'll nip over and grab the lights at the same time. I'll do them for a tenner.

Sorry I didn't drop the wiper blades/engine mount cover over yesterday....works chaos at the moment. Should have some time free next week.
Thanks given by:
No worries bud may have to fit new wiper motor first Sad
Thanks given by:
Busy day coming up on Saturday.......the 1144's and Brembo discs arrived a couple of days ago so they're going on with the adj drop links. Plus the masks and tinted rears while I'm at it. Quick 100yd drive down the road to the garage to get the masks aligned properly and job doneWink

Had a new pair of Rainsports fitted on the front yesterday getting rid of the, quite frankly, shite Toyo's.......I'll never be using them again, as soon as the temperature drops a bit and it's wet the grip with them is appalling.
Thanks given by:
Let me know how those Mintex pads are as I'm looking at set :-)
Thanks given by:
Jukie. I got mintex on my DT with 266mm calipers (HDI) pretty dam good for the money

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Awsome sauce as every pad I've tried so far squeals and I cannot stand it :-( so am gunna go for grooved or drilled discs next with some Mintex pads unless there are any discs worth mentioning ??
Thanks given by:
When you fit new pads do you put a little copper grease on the back of the pads Jukie?

If you don't that'll probably explain why you get squeaky brakes mate.....
Thanks given by:
Nice looking car, like the colour Smile. Nice to see everything being done properly!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Curt, no point in cutting corners ehWink
Thanks given by:
On the back of the pad ?? How does that stop squeeling ???
Thanks given by:
Trust me Jukie, it works.........I always put a light coat on when changing pads
Thanks given by:
An I thinking Of the wrong back lol the back to me is the bit facing me if I was to look at the disc , and not the side of the pad thats in contact with the disc ??
Thanks given by:
No you gotta put WD40 on the side that touches the pad Tongue

Thanks given by:
Seriously ??? or am I being rediculously dumb on an inside joke ???
Thanks given by:
I was taking the piss dude, dont actually try that lol, it would stop the squeeks though!

Thanks given by:
Was just thinking that's a guaranteed crash XD well this also may have answered my question if no grease on the pad lol stick it on the other side which I don't quite understand how it works Undecided
Thanks given by:
my 266's squeel , and iv greased everything, tried all sorts of pads/discs, i think its an issue with the caliper

Thanks given by:
I hate it it happened on my cupra so I changed the pads like once every month untill I used some green stuff pads, again I maywell have just answered the question of I'm using hash pads ....... I feel abit special needs :-(
Thanks given by:
Get some 6 calipers on there, job done lol

Thanks given by:
Are they a straight swap ??
Thanks given by:
Yes mate, straight swap....obviously you need discs and pads to suit.

Copper grease on the back of the pads, not the face that touches the discs lol
Thanks given by:
Cool beans will look into some gti calipers does it make a big difference ???
Thanks given by: