peugeot 306 1.9d

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peugeot 306 1.9d
I got one has 148,000 km 1.9d.. this is non turbo..

I believe its dw8..

year is 1999 on registration thats december 1999.

car is in great shape, but i find all this quirks being french car...

I read somewhere valves need to be adjusted?  is this true, since it might present as a problem later?

I had the lucas pump rebuild, meaning only seals were replaced..  original lucas pump..

I read conversion to Bosh mechanical pump is a way to go?  maybe i will consider this for the future, since lucas supposedly die very young)Smile.

timing belt and water pump were done at 112,000km..
in macedonia they probably used cheap chineese parts and pulleys..
I had the tensioner pulley broke the bolt, but i caught it on time.. no damaged valves so i replaced it.. it runs..

but the shop that did it makes me question the parts quality..

I would like to replace the timing belt soon,  what are good quality parts aftermarket for these frenchie?

me being a mechanic and engineer i am going to replace everything this time around myself..

little guidance will help, since am not familliar with french cars..
Thanks given by:
Hi,
If the engine sounds ok and isn't down on power I'd leave it alone. My mothers 306 has now done over 270,000 miles or 345,000km and neither the engine or Lucas pump have ever been apart.
As for belts, I always use Gates if I can and SKF are OE for Peugeot for bearings.
Personally I think the Lucas pumps get a hard time as they don't like cooking oil put thru them and are not as easy to tune. On the right fuel they are capable of many trouble free miles.
Thanks given by:
shit my lucas leaked diesel like crazy around 112000km.. i had to replace the seals.

how about the valve lash adjustment i read , that needs to be done,to some known issue with clearance?
Thanks given by: