The seat leon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The seat leon
oh look he got rid of his golf for the same car. No i didnt this is a leon. Its has the same chassis though. The golf was ok but ill be honest i was unimpressed with pd engines in genral. I cannot understand why they are so big. They might map to 200 bhpish but trust me they are not that fun. This one is a VP powerd engine. Which is essentially a ve pump with electronic control. I swapped the standard golf for this. It wasnt working when i bought it. pinning the 30 psi boost gauge and then collapsing the lifters causing a misfire. The guy i bought it off had essentially thrown a shit tonne of money on it then couldnt understand why it was broken and told me it was washing the bores. I knew from experince that this was not going to be the case so i agreed a meet up to go look at it. Turned up at the blokes workshop. He restores campers and does camper van conversions for a living. So we struck a deal that involved a straight swap of the cars plus I got a bunch of VE pump parts that i needed and some stupid wheels on the car that I hated but were worth a little money. 

Anyway long story short is i got it home and looked it over. Was in vgc save a minor bits like side exit straight pipe, sump cracked, running fault, front brakes warped. picked up a standard exhasut system for £20, set of discs and pads for £50, sump for £22 and a turbo for £80 gt1749vb (pd 150). Over the next few weeks i fitted as much as i could in the time i had and began mapping it. Ive only just got the mapping sort of right. This is not my strong point by anymeans. 

The plan with this is keep it for this years show season, see if i fall in love with it now im not working on it every 5 mins. the either replace or keep on as my main car. 

Current spec is. Gt1749vb, .216 injectors, front mounted intercooler, egr delete, lowerd 50mm, audi wheels, full electric leathers, homebrew map, passat 130 inlect manifold, hollowed cat. 

This weekend is the first weekend since ive had the car that im able to actually drive it without worrying baout blowing up and its pretty good to be fair. ill get some pictures up in a bit about whats been happening as i have none on my laptop they are all on my phone.

So this is the day I got it horrendous wheels. [Image: b9d63f8c3cb6db54e44ff208e47aae98.jpg]

Once the wheels had been changed first time.
[Image: 63f519b6e51d392b4b452fd8340ab3d9.jpg]

Then with the new wheels on so I have a set for track. [Image: bdc050ea9cba5a545bba326cc0bdf7a8.jpg]

Then I replaced the door as it had some lacquer peel on. [Image: fb577b5cb5d5bdd40b44301eedc44938.jpg]

Gave her a good clean and that's where I'm at with her. It came with most parts already fitted I just had to sort other people bodges which IMO is way more time consuming than doing it yourself now I've done it. Also I now have standard headlights not the horrid things that were on there when I got it.

Sent from my Gemini using Tapatalk

[Image: 3888ada4c5f25e99f185902a2a598791.jpg]

Also during the storm we had where we had a shite tonne of trees down in our area this blew into my car while driving at 60ish. Thankfully only damaged the grill but I did drive with it wedged in for about 3 miles as I was late for work [Image: e41ea67a5f1e904d64af41fbb297fb0c.jpg]

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
looks better with standard headlights. Didnt realise it had a side exit haha
Thanks given by:
Yawn. When you guna buy a 306 then?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah man. Big 3inch side exit. Was insanely loud. It was the most boged up shit I've seen in a while I'll have to find a picture of t somewhere

I'll buy another 306 for track use when I can. Never for daily again though

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I quite like Leons.
That looks alright. Fair play.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers man. Done the alternator on it tonight as the guy before me had installed one without a free Wheeling pully. What a lady garden of a job

Thanks given by:
So ive decided to run this through show season and give it even more power than it has now. I figure 200 is the aim if people want to know. As its current spec it wont do it but i reckon its doable. ive heard of people using lift pumps alongside the ve pump on these and also using 11mm pump head which is easy enough to do. People advise pd100 rods and pd 150 pistons on these to run them up to 250 hp so i figure they are are safe cheap bet to use. also no arps needed for power aims. A cheap upgrade on the headbolt is pd150 headbolts that have been *ahem* trimmed down. apart from that ive been fiddling over and over again with the map and cant seem to get the smoke down regardless. So i done a pikey tune to try some stuff out that i tought might work and it seems to be working quite well tbh. just like driving an xud now. smoke control with right foot not MAF sensors. Now the theroy is proven ill add a bit more down low where i like to drive day to day and leave it alone untill the next upgrades which will likly be a few months as yet. But its nice to have a plan formulated. we will see how it acts through summer and ill decide if i want to keeo it then.
Thanks given by:
but will it be faster than a rallye? D:
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2018, 11:01 PM)Eeyore Wrote: but will it be faster than a rallye? D:

more HP yes, Faster no
Thanks given by: