Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pp progress
Some progress made, engine ecu has the following faults in order as listed on pp

1. permanent fault
Signal clutch switch. Consistency with vehicle speed.

2. permanent fault
engine coolant circuit heater. Internal fault in ecu

3. permanent fault
circuit additional heating 1 open circuit or short to earth

4. permanent fault
circuit TL4226 fault, faulty circuit

5. intermittent fault 
ecu

6. intermittent fault
cylinder reference sensor
engine speed sensor consistency ( dynamic )

7. intermittent fault
signal accelerator pedal 2 coherence with accelerator pedal signal 1

symptoms.

when we first got the car some years ago ( maybe 5 by now, but we joined this forum when we first got the car. done about 30k miles now ( nearly 120k miles on speedo )) it was running cool at about 70 degrees, but a new thermostat cured that, with temp now 80 degrees ( that's to this forum ) . The fans work cutting in at about the expected temp and cutting out at that expected temp ( 100 and 90 from memory but may be 110 and 100 degrees ) .

When I did the thermostat I also checked out the cooling system relays, and found one relay connection slightly melted probably to that one particular pair of heater plugs being on most of the time due to the thermostat. I removed both relays along with both fuses found in the black box behind and below the ecu.

This may account for faults 2 and 3.

The loss of engine power only seems to happen now and again on relatively sharp left hand bends.

When this first happened I removed the tank lp pump/gauge unit looking for water/crap in the tank. No water and virtually no crap was found in the tank ( apart from some flakes of "glitter". The filter etc in the lp pump unit had a little bit of crap but not much at all.

The fuel filter was replaced at the time with no water or crap in the bottom of the housing, but some "glitter".

It has always been a good starter taking 4 compressions then its away.

The engine seems to surge a little when cold between 750 ish and 900 rpm but settles steady at 800 rpm when warm.

The revs increase slight when the car is moving at idle to about 900 rpm which is normal.

About 3 weeks ago it seemed to have a fast idle when warm at about 1100 rpm, but that only lasted for a few seconds, then back to normal.

The revs seem to hit a rough spot at about 1200 rpm as if the engine cannot decide what the revs should be, but is rough free above and below this engine speed.

When driving at low revs in first or second gear it seems that the revs ramp up in stages, at about 1200 revs ish.

When I turn the engine off, sometimes it seems to rev slightly then die, other times it seems to just die.

Sometimes when going round a left hand bend, it seems to suffer loss of power with no throttle response, then a few seconds later burst into life again.

Sometimes the engine seems to lack a bit of power.

Most of the time the engine seems to have loads of power.

Good fuel economy and virtually no engine oil loss, no smoke.

whats ciorcuitTL4226 ?

thoughts please......

tps will get a strip down and service as per guide on here
Thanks given by: