Pas delete, aircon delete, squeally belt mayhem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pas delete, aircon delete, squeally belt mayhem
Ok so i still havnt sorted my belt chewing problem and now need to look into it before winter.

Brief history
Pas deleted
Aircon delete
Lynx alloy crank pulley
Original tensioner
Silly small belt.

Ok so basically every 4/6 months my alternator belt craps out. Was looking tonight at a new (2nd hand) 307 hdi alternator with a clutched pulley pre fitted as ive been advised to do more times then i remember.
Initiall thought was to remove the tensioner but tonight i realise the tensioners located on a hole to stop it rotating.
[Image: c4a1b4ebe502563a3394d4605a52dda0.jpg]
My question is does anyone see why i wouldnt be able to re-drill this hole to apply pressure in the correct place?
[Image: 57aa4dd61d62bb36949a3f7af1493480.jpg]
Tensioner currently sits like this which is a relaxed position and applys no pressure. Think the hole would need clocking 90 degree + to allow it to press on correctly (if it dosnt conflict the crank pulley)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
I wish I could understand engineering drawings, I may be some help then.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
yeah i see what you mean. I ran this setup that you have on one of mine for while. There is a stop on the tensioner. Just grind it off. tensioner goes further and tensions belt more. job done. took me around 10 mins with a di grinder. Even done it on the car in situ. Didnt even remove the belt
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
shorter belt would be easier.

or a steel pulley, the alloy ones are too shiny and soft.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Remove tensioner. Fit ford stretchy belt.

I'm curious to know if solid pulley is what is actually taking out the belt though
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
There is a belt that allows you to sack the spring loaded tensioner off and just use the lower manually adjusted tensioner...

https://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread...implifying
Thanks given by:
Ive gone smaller and smaller on the belts and still does it. Tried stretch fit and kills them quicker.

Just looked at your link uberderv and like how simple that setup is i was getting ready to fit a turnbuckle with a rose joint either end so i could manually swing the alternator for tension [emoji23][emoji23]

Deffinatley gonna try that cam tensioner idea. Only thing that confuses me is why i seem to need a bigger belt then everyone else. Im on a 6pk800 and everyone seems to be 100mm smaller

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
mine has a 6pk1173 (gates i think) and shredded it (possibly due to the lynx alu pulley)

ill be fitting a 307 alternator at some point
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Just ordered a febi manual tensioner pulley this morning. Gonna hold fire for getting a new belt incase it needs a longer or shorter one. Will just have to get the old boot lace out to measure a belt up

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TO-CLEAR-NEW-O...2749.l2649

this is the clutch pulley for the altenator it lines up on my car so it should for you
Thanks given by:
Got one on the car now and its still killing belts. Tbh i think my lynx ali billet crank pulleys knackered and just needs sodding off. Got a feeling the v's have worn badly in it and causing the belt to slip

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Those ally pulleys always do this as far as I can see. I presume it's down to the lack of damping.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-11-2017, 09:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: Those ally pulleys always do this as far as I can see. I presume it's down to the lack of damping.

PSA didn't fit those dampened pulleys for teh lulz!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2017, 09:50 PM)Poodle Wrote: Those ally pulleys always do this as far as I can see. I presume it's down to the lack of damping.

This is what I have said all along!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, can count it as scrap now. Certianly wont see the new engine

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
The alloy casting in the top picture, so the bolt in the centre of the auto tensioner screws into that hole in the alloy ?

How easy is it to remove the auto tensioner please ?
Thanks given by:
Did it in place without removing the crank pulley. Litterally just a large allen key but its a swine to get out the limited gap

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Middle box delete and crank pulley allye 27 6,256 29-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Last Post: allye
  de-aircon belt length rd070707 4 1,239 12-06-2015, 05:25 PM
Last Post: rd070707