Daily use.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daily use.
Just something im intrested in now. We are seeing more and more cars being used for track use/weekend toys. Who drives theirs daily. Say more than 100 miles a week. I reckon i do about 250/300 a week in mine.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
track time however two years ago i was using my 1.8 as a daily and my hdi was a daily. Id like one as a daily now just the amount id have to spend on one to make it as comfortable as the saab would be equal to what i could sell the saab for so apart from fuel economy saving there is no point. not to mention the saab is 320hp and is super safe.

When i get my own place I hope to have another I can use as a daily!
Thanks given by:
Not track use, but the 309 is what I'm solely using. Only comfort I'm missing is RCL. Got some ebay kit to install at some point.

Probs does 50-80 miles a week maybe.

Noticed the rear axle is failing now though.
Thanks given by:
Still use mine daily for probably around 100 miles a week, it's comfortable enough apart from the vibrations. Used to use it daily for 350-400 a week with no fuss.

Little bit of track time here and there but not as much as I'd like due to cost lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Drive an Astor HDI every day / have no reason to drive anything newer / different. Comfy, reliable, costs peanuts to run, and would trust it to anywhere in the country. People always ask why / take piss in there new BMW's / Audis on finance etc. But its my car, it doesn't owe me anything, and I honestly have no reason not to drive it!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
For the last two years I've managed to keep one of my 306's on the road for daily use, covering about 150mi a week.  One is always off the road getting some sort of mechanical attention, which keeps me from ever getting bored!  Am hoping to keep them going for a good while to come.

Absolutely agree with Darren - no desire to have the latest BMW etc but never did.  Never bought a new car and most of them have been more than 6 years old when they reached me.  If I won the lottery I might just be tempted by a 208 GTi though.
Thanks given by:
Would like to have it as a daily but currently got a company vehicle, hopefully in the future il use it for a daily! Need to find some good places to take it at the weekend so I can enjoy driving it lol
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
I do about 200 miles/week in my 306. It's comfy although a bit loud on the inside. But I am gonna tackle that next.
Thanks given by:
Racetractor daily/workhorse
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
evo and 205 daily.

100 miles a week all in the evo for work purposes plus weekend activities £50 of fuel does 8/9 days
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I drive my 205 daily, do 200/250 miles most weeks in it. It is coming up for mot and i think i have done about 12k in it over the year. I echo pretty much what Darren has said as well. A lot of people take the piss out of it and ask why i drive it when i have my other 'nicer' cars or could buy a 'better' car so to say. It just does what i need to with it being cheap to run and to fix/buy parts on the rare occasions something actually goes wrong with it. Plus it is such a great laugh to drive.
Thanks given by:
seems like a fair few of us still use them daily. Mine i have as i dont want to buy another car and owe on it as well to be honest. It really doesnt cost that much i even fixed the ac in it. As for lu whe also uses hers daily as well. Just seems recently we are becoming a dying breed of people who want to own their cars
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I've only just got mine and drive about 400 miles a week minimum, it's a great car even if it is a bit tatty round the edges Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-09-2017, 07:42 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: seems like a fair few of us still use them daily. Mine i have as i dont want to buy another car and owe on it as well to be honest. It really doesnt cost that much i even fixed the ac in it. As for lu whe also uses hers daily as well. Just seems recently we are becoming a dying breed of people who want to own their cars

Mmm ... I was reading a couple of weeks ago that car loans are being handed out like candy and it could become the next sub-prime crisis.  Great, that's just what we all need!
Thanks given by:
Getting a company van with no personal mileage allowed for the initial two years in a few months time, at which point the fluence will be sold and I'll use the cab in the evenings and weekends.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Not driven a 306 daily for a few years now, far too small. Only time I drive mine is on the trailer to a event or the odd bedding in tyres around the block
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner
Thanks given by:
I retired using mine as a daily back in December when I went defender, at the moment my mum is now using it for work until the their defender is back on the road, and once that's back up and running, it will be used like the metro was. My days of building sleepers now are gone, car restorations where its at now for me. Mind I did toy with the idea last year on getting shot of the 306 for the defender, But it would have been a bad move if I had done, its been an asset to me and my mum and dad really this year.
Thanks given by:
I use my Astor GTi 6 as my daily doing about 450/500 miles a week. Hasn’t missed a beat in the 6 months I’ve owned it so far.
Thanks given by:
Don't use anything daily any more as I cycle to work. Rallye is and always has been a toy for hooning and track use but I use it a lot for errands and when the weather is really toss. Golf was a present to myself after 2 years overseas, and now forms the family bus. Loved my hdi to bits and never wanted for more but in a different place now, family safety is paramount to me so my daughter gets ferried around in the golf rather than an old French bean can.

No finance here, but as above it's cheap to get new cars and the average lease deal is cheaper than depreciation. Guy at work has a brand new Tiguan in a full maintenance policy with insurance for 240 a month, can't argue with that when he was losing more changing the family bus every few years. Leasing will surely burst the bubble soon. I could have a car through work now but happy with the golf
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
dunno the milage, but my HDi's a daily
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Not a 306 but several years ago I used my 205 as a daily on a 60 mile round trip four times a week. The 205 has no interior, buckets and a cage...oh, and Mi16 on 1.6 box. The M3 part of the trip woke you up!

Recently used a 306 HDi as a daily, but wrote it off last December. Cant be arsed with driving far anymore so moved within 3 miles of work. Takes me 5 mins now.
2001 BMW 330Ci
2012 VW High Up
1988 205 GTi 1.6
1990 205 Mi16
Thanks given by: