205 styleee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 styleee
So i havnt been on here for a long time but i thought id share this slow project and will be asking lots of advice as dont really no what im doing lol

Anyway i was put onto this little 205 earlier in the year through sam bates as his work colleague was going to scrap it do to it cutting out and was told it was pump trouble. i went picked it up no laquer left on the paint work and said he hadnt cleaned it in all the years he had it as it stoped the salt rusting the bodywork? I give him the £80 he wanted and drove it home and it did run like crud and was juddering all the way home. But it was £80 with mot till november cant really moan. So i started looking underneath and under the bay and its very solid little car. A small rust hole in the boot floor and thats littraly it. New altenator,radiator and glow plugs so he had spent some money on it.

So the next problem was deciding what to do with the little huny? Put a gti 6 engine in it, 1.9 xud where my original thoughts.
But at the same time i needed a car for my mates top gear style stag do which was buy a car for under 500 notes. So what better car to use! So we decorated it all up in a couple of weekends and set of the scotish border! First day it ran terible cutting out and not restarting and eventually around 6pm in the peak district it stoped and would not start anymore [PERSEVERING FACE] that was it i thought it was dead. So we set up camp and decided to forget about it thst evening. Next morning we all set onto finding the problem. Checked fuel filter took it all of cleaned it all and she fired but then stoped again and then we noticed there was alot of air bubles in the only clear bit of fuel hose in the engine. So we decided to swap return hose and main hose on the top of the tank under rear seat. Done everything we needed went to do up the last union on the filter housing and bang it cracked. [PERSEVERING FACE][DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE] so we had to by pass the filter and run straight into the pump. Anyway with alot of sucking we got the fuel up and looked alot better in the pipe hardly any air bubles then with alot of bumping she started and we where off and never missed a beat the rest of the trip
So all the problem was a split or perished fuel line. Made it to the Scottish border.

So we got back home and i was still undecided what to do with the car and then i got abphone call someone had a 205 turbo diesiel and did i want it so i went and picked it up and paid 40 notes for this one lol but its rotten as a pear but i only wanted it for the engine and front suspention so i wasnt moaning

So they sat around for a while as iv been bussy and got married recently but last weekend i got the turbo diesiel lump out and thats as far as iv got currently (sorry its been a long winded post)

More updates soon [Image: fe7350b8478dbc788600c06abf2d8244.jpg][Image: 749b12d68e183a4fdda97fc8546ed38b.jpg][Image: bcfac846f250c5cde7ac8c6e58d725d8.jpg][Image: 0634201c85f8b3e04e744294ed4c0646.jpg][Image: e357af5e75a7fe930add99fe3433e85a.jpg][Image: f9e5e8c76c3f23cdd717cf837d508942.jpg][Image: d11fc6f5ded9712f83084c996fda0433.jpg][Image: 42d1e2fbd29706ecf315e15a1f9ee454.jpg][Image: 47bba18c5f90d5776b01ffbe1971f979.jpg][Image: ab8e400caa846d39af925c400f06f786.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
noiice i look forward to seeing how this progresses
Thanks given by:
Cool man, loving the bonnet scoop! Is the red shell just scrap then?
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Yeh I remember bates saying he found this cheap
Thanks given by:
Yeah just a stick on scoop lol yeah thats what i plan on doing with it once iv got everything i need of it. Is there anything obvious i neex for the conversion other than engine etc? Im thinking of putting a bosch pump on it before i put it it back in but dont no if a 306 pump would fit?

Thanks given by:
keep an eye on that rear window rust. happened to mine, pinhole that then leaked into the boot and gathered under the rear seats. Sad
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
306 bosch lines and injectors are direct bolt on fit yeah. few fuel lines need changing as well nothing major. I wondered when we were going to see this make an appearance on here as well.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I might keep the bootlid of the red one as its better tbh. Its in the dry so rains not to much of an issue atm. Will get it repainted sometime in the future but for now its all about the engine etc

What size fuel lines do i need bash? Yeah just zo bussy with work i dont really get time to do anything to cars these days

Thanks given by: