Christmas Meet - 2nd/3rd December 2017 - Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Meet - 2nd/3rd December 2017 - Discussion Thread
Time for the fun discussions over where the christmas meet should be! 

Im going to throw out there that it should be somewhere generally central, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Leicester.

However I also want to throw at Wells. The small city down south where Hot Fuzz is filmed where we can go and see some film locations and have some banter. Needs more investigation to see if there is bowling, cheap food and accom!
Thanks given by:
Don't mind where it is Smile Wells sounds cool but I accept that makes it a fair distance for some members!
1st project- Red Peugeot 306 DTurbo 1998
2nd project- Silver BMW E38 1999- Sold
Daily- Black Mitsubishi L200 Series 5

https://www.spritmonitor.de/en/user/Hobo_Ash.html
Thanks given by:
Well i currently have no say on dates it all depends on my new shifts that ill know come next week. But im sure we will make it one way or another we do try to at least. Im all for renting a whole youth hostil somewhere if we can get it sorted with enough money paid upfront.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Sam can you decide on a date first so that people can book it off work. Can we have the first weekend in December as that's when most people get paid!

I like the idea of Wells but there is f*ck all to do other than sight seeing. There is nowhere like what we usually use anywhere near by but Yeovil is nearby and has all the usual stuff in a tight space. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/MFA+...-2.6245261

Other than that where we were last year was alright as far as I'm concerned
Thanks given by:
I'm all up for it being down south, but then, I would be bias.

Will aim to come along, wherever it is.
Thanks given by:
Im going to suggest we do first week of december. Im removing the poll as it all ends up even anyway and someone has to make a decision. I may as well just make it early.
Thanks given by:
ah well StufU Tongue

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
History of christmas meets below...

2017 - ??
2016 - Leicester - the one where dum dum had 17 bowls of chips.
2015 - Gloucester - the one with bowling nextdoor and crap frankie and bennies again.
2014 - Gloucester - the one with bowling nextdoor and crap frankie and bennies.
2013 - Milton Keynes - the one where some people had gfs and others didnt. feat hats and skiing.
2012 - Reading - the first one
Thanks given by:
I'm a maybe for that weekend as me and the mrs usual have a weekend away the first one in December but haven't booked anything yet so might re arrange.

Dates aside I'm happy to attend any locale but would much prefer something, anywhere, North of London
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Should probably consider Bicester and Cirencester if you want to keep that developing theme going?

Thanks given by:
Can I suggest Jarman Park in Hemel Hempsted. It's close ish to me which means it's in the center of the country, it's got good road links being really near the A41, M25 and M1, it's got loads of parking, loads to do (although no bowling alley/arcade) as well as plenty of choices of food and a cheap pub (for the northerners) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/XC/@...-0.4567004

Don't know where the nearest hotel is, think it's a quarter mile down hill towards the town center. Also it's J8 of the M1, theres a strip club at J9
(actually I think theres both strip club, hotel, resturant and truck stop at J9, we could have it there)

(26-07-2017, 09:11 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Im going to suggest we do first week of december. Im removing the poll as it all ends up even anyway and someone has to make a decision. I may as well just make it early.
Sorry, your suggesting or you are actually saying that it the finalised date (as it has been EVERY year)

(26-07-2017, 05:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote: History of christmas meets below...

2017 - ??
2016 - Leicester - the year where dum dum had 17 bowls of chips and 12 glasses of cola
2015 - Gloucester - the year that dum-dum???
2014 - Gloucester - the year dum-dum jumped and injured himself
2013 - Milton Keynes - the year everyone with too much free cash f*cked off and left the paupers, the us and them year.
2012 - Reading - the year dum-dum went to the genting club because in his drunken state he thought it said gentlemans club.
Edited for accuracy

(26-07-2017, 07:45 PM)Hobo Ash Wrote: Should probably consider Bicester and Cirencester if you want to keep that developing theme going?

Bicester! On a weekend in December! Are you MAD!
Thanks given by:
Still cant believe you had a go at us for skiing in milton keynes. It was a massive complex with something for everyone! I didnt organise it so im not going to say anything.
Thanks given by:
Nice one on the date, I'll submit my holiday form at work tomorrow.

(26-07-2017, 09:57 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Still cant believe you had a go at us for skiing in milton keynes. It was a massive complex with something for everyone! I didnt organise it so im not going to say anything.

I didn't have a go and TBH I had a great laugh at you lot falling over but it wasn't very inclusive.
Also I wouldn't call it a massive complex, there's only about 20 shops in there plus the ski slope and cinema.
Thanks given by:
Leicester sounds good! (Closer to Newcastle) haha!
Thanks given by:
(26-07-2017, 08:40 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Can I suggest Jarman Park in Hemel Hempsted. It's close ish to me which means it's in the center of the country, it's got good road links being really near the A41, M25 and M1, it's got loads of parking, loads to do (although no bowling alley/arcade) as well as plenty of choices of food and a cheap pub (for the northerners) https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/XC/@...-0.4567004

Don't know where the nearest hotel is, think it's a quarter mile down hill towards the town center. Also it's J8 of the M1, theres a strip club at J9
(actually I think theres both strip club, hotel, resturant and truck stop at J9, we could have it there)

Please elaborate on how you feel this is the best central point of the UK????
French Wench
Thanks given by:
http://harryramsdens.co.uk/locations/

anywhere near any of these
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2017, 06:50 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: http://harryramsdens.co.uk/locations/

anywhere near any of these

Happy days! Blackpool it is!!

Thanks given by:
Theres a Harry Ramsdens in Milton Keynes. Problem solved.
Thanks given by:
Milton keynes everyone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2017, 05:08 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Milton keynes everyone??

i thought milton keynes was more than adequate as a location

lots of roundabouts
Thanks given by:
If it's Milton Keynes, even I will turn up. Sorry.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
so are we actually heading for milton keynes here then. Im happy with that its just if our more northern members who intend on coming will be. Also fish and chips there so im in.
Thanks given by:
Milton Keynes is on the M1 so is easy to get to from 'The North'

My only concern with Milton Keynes is the hotel where we stayed last time is nowhere near the attractions so it's a bit shit if you want a few beers when you go out. There is a premier inn near the attractions but it's £10 a night more expensive (currently £98 for the Friday and Saturday night) plus it's £5.50 a day to park at that hotel.
Thanks given by:
Milton Keynes wasn't s great location. It was a lot of driving around in traffic. The stuff is in a massive shopping centre so come Christmas it's rammed with shoppers.
Thanks given by:
Fair enough what about renting a youth hostel for a night or two then? We would obviously need payment up front though

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2017, 08:59 AM)Eeyore Wrote: Milton Keynes wasn't s great location. It was a lot of driving around in traffic. The stuff is in a massive shopping centre so come Christmas it's rammed with shoppers.

Yeah agreed, gonna say the best locations have been Cov (as .net), Gloucester and possibly last years. I'm sure it's because the Hotel, car park/meet location, bar, food and evening entertainment have all been at one location within 300 yards of each other.

Oddly on the north south divide point that we had on the FBM group, last years crimbo meet was the furthest north we've ever had and yet the worst attended.
Thanks given by:
Probably one of the more enjoyable ones though in my opinion. yeh we definitely need somewhere where everything is within walking distance.
Thanks given by:
good pick of mine for last year then, considering it was from google maps Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I'd like Leicester again of course! I'll be in daily anyway so makes no odds on travel really. MK or Coventry sound ok and mines a 7 seater so I don't mind being designated driver if hotel and attractions are far apart
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Haven't been since the two meets in Gloucester ! But they were both hilarious! And the night life out was good! ?
Free hangover cures!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essex Xmas Curry - Monday 10th December Silky 0 2,589 05-12-2018, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Silky
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,801 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,585 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Eeyore