New member. old f*rt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member. old f*rt
Just thought I'd introduce myself.  I will (hopefully) taking delivery of 1.9 TD 306 shortly, which will be a bit of a project for me.  There is a lot of info on here and I will try to do my research before asking the inevitable questions.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, hope we can be of some help to you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
welcome along. This is certainly the place to be for dturbo info!
Thanks given by:
Welcome! I've only been on here a short while but have found everyone very friendly and helpful. I know nothing about the oil burners but there's a huge number of people on here who do!

When are you hoping to pick the car up?
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club old lad Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the welcome.  I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions regarding my project.  I've had long and chequered history of buying pieces of crap and running them into the ground or they rust to death, don't think I've ever owned a car under 10 years old.  A couple of years ago I bought my first diesel, a 1.9 TD Xsara estate (I liked the idea of being able to tune it with a few twists of  spanner/screwdriver AND run it on veg oil....)  Anyway that ended up in the scrap yard after the upper engine mount failed.  So then I bought an 806 1.9 TD with a knackered clutch, with the intention of doing a camper conversion, but that turned to be step to far and ended up being broken & scrapped.  So I found myself with an engine looking for a home.  The original plan was to convert a Berlingo to a TD (which would require a 306 td gearbox) I realised it would just make more sense to just to buy a 306 estate.  Which is why I'm buying a 5 door hatch with a knackered engine instead!   I do have a rough Idea about what I want to do with it, honest!
Thanks given by: