What to do...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do...
Ive been offered to buy a 2L HDI from a mate of mine... I currently own a 1.8 XS, and im really not sure what to do... is it worth selling my car, and paying a little on top for the HDI, or will i regret it? I know they are much better on fuel and all... this one has been remapped so is running a little more power than mine, and is completely standard, apart from a smoothed front... its got lower milage than mine, cheaper tax and insurance and better on fuel... but ive become really attached to mine, and cant decide what to do...

its the same colour as mine, shape and everything , only difference is its not lowered and is the HDI

help people, need some opinions....
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
MiiTCH Wrote:Ive been offered to buy a 2L HDI from a mate of mine... I currently own a 1.8 XS, and im really not sure what to do... is it worth selling my car, and paying a little on top for the HDI, or will i regret it? I know they are much better on fuel and all... this one has been remapped so is running a little more power than mine, and is completely standard, apart from a smoothed front... its got lower milage than mine, cheaper tax and insurance and better on fuel... but ive become really attached to mine, and cant decide what to do...

its the same colour as mine, shape and everything , only difference is its not lowered and is the HDI

help people, need some opinions....

I would go for the HDi myself but a DT would be better still, none of that electronic rubbish! Tongue

Depends, take it for a drive and see if you like the power delivery of it and the way it drives as it will be totally different to yours to drive!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Seems like a no brainer, hdi wins in all areas.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
As Jake says with a remap a hdi will be about 10 bhp more

They only way I see the 1.8 being better is noise lol as opposed to the remappes hdi that is
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
10bhp? it's closer to 40bhp increase phill Tongue

they can go from 90bhp to almost 130bhp as long as you do basic breathing mods too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:10bhp? it's closer to 40bhp increase phill Tongue

they can go from 90bhp to almost 130bhp as long as you do basic breathing mods too

Think he means 10bhp over a standard 1.8
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:
Midnightclub Wrote:10bhp? it's closer to 40bhp increase phill Tongue

Think he means 10bhp over a standard 1.8

^^ this, go back to sleep Danny lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by: