NEW HDI Owner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW HDI Owner
Having previously owned a 306 D Turbo I moved to a Gen 6 Celica GT lovely to drive, terrible on fuel. A change of job has brought me straight back round to the trusty 306.

Picked myself up a Y Reg 306 HDI - 123000 Miles and 12 months MOT. Its completely standard which is what I wanted as its going to be my commuter. I've got a few things i'd like to do but it needs a few things itself first. New top mounts are on the cards and rear Discs/Pads.

Upgrades wise I've put some Cyclones on as I favour them, I've got a GTI6 Front brake set up ready to go on and a lovely exhaust system that a friends holding for me, then I think i'll be just about done with it. It'll have a nice rumble from the exhaust, stop well and still give me 50mpg (I hope) and go on for years to come!

[Image: avpm54.jpg]
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club. A solid and cheap choice as a commuter! Big Grin Stage 1?
Thanks given by:
Great commutors, I use the estate i have y reg as well. Every day and clock fair milage in a year. Pretty much same setup as youre planning at this time apart from mine has a stage one on. Its the best thing for them. Reliability doesnt get affected in the slightest and it makes them a joy to drive. Its how they shouldve come out the factory imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys.

I may well go to stage one once I've sorted a few of the small issues, who would be best to consult on that area?. On my old D Turbo I turned the pump and turbo up a bit, nothing too stupid and that made it good fun to drive around in.

I've missed how cheap/easily accessible parts are for these, trying to source bits for my celica was an absolute nightmare  haha.
Thanks given by:
mr whippy or pro_steve are the classic tuners. steve is hdi tuning ltd. usually about £70? for a file that you can upload to the ecu yourself with the right cable.
Thanks given by:
Oh that's not bad at all, just had a scan over the website, looks like a good set up. I'll definitely drop them an email once ive sorted the brakes and top mounts on mine.

Thanks again.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Can't go too far wrong with a hdi as well as they have been reasonably looked after. As others have said a stage 1 map will make a big difference. HDi tuning are based in bristol so that would be your best option i would say.
Thanks given by: Tuckshop_1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTI-6 owner soon to be d-turbo owner instead LukeC88 36 12,057 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Jonny b