Boost seems to be coming in later?? Any ideas?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boost seems to be coming in later?? Any ideas?
Hi all,
Had my '96 1.9TD for a while now and lately the boost seems to be coming in later and later. Doesnt seem to make any (noticable) boost until 3000RPM. When i first got the vehicle it seemed to come in much quicker and seemed more powerful also. Does anyone have any ideas of what i can check? It's got a Lucas pump which i HAVEN'T tweaked but i did remove it recently to replace the shaft seal. I dont believe there are any boost leaks, not that i can hear anyway. 
Thanks in advance,
Will.
Thanks given by:
checked the air filter?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I did check it and there were no obvious obstructions. Looked relatively clean. I did order one today that will be here in a week or so anyway. 
Thanks

I might just remove it and go for a Quick run tomorrow to determine if that's it or not.
Thanks given by:
check the actuall turbo for play and or damage as well as they are getting on a bit now.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers, will do. What's the easiest way to get the turbo off? From the bottom or the top by taking the inlet manifold off?
Thanks given by:
Just pop the intake pipe off and have the feel of the turbo shaft for play. Maybe easier to pop the engine off the cam belt end engine mount to get better access.
Thanks given by:
Change the fuel filter and if not check tank strainer.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. Will be getting a new fuel filter very shortly. Whilst looking around the engine bay I noticed a black plug that was unplugged from the fuel filter housing. Plugged it in and now the 'water in fuel filter light' stays on. Did drain a little water out it that s stopped it for ten minutes but then came back on. Is this sensor known to be faulty? Hence why it was unplugged.
Thanks given by:
Yeah that can be a common issue on the xuds, i would say when you change the fuel filter drain it all out and unscrew the sensor and give it a bit of a clean and then see is the light stays on after that.
Thanks given by:
Check the intercooler D seal hasn't split or blown out as it can leak from there and be difficult to find. They're usually a few quid from a dealer. I had that issue once before.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that, will give it a check.  Would an rtv be suitable for that?
Thanks given by:
Replaced the fuel filter and the intercooler seal which had a split in it. boost now comes in earlier but ive noticed that at times when under boost in 5th the boost will fluxuate up and down, like goes from 12psi to 5 for a brief second then then goes back up, does this a few times before settling out again. any ideas on this?

Also its not just the boost gauge thats fluxuating. i can feel a sudden loss of power then sudden increase in power again. very noticable
Thanks given by: