Rattling radio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rattling radio
Hey all,

Because of the engine mounts etc the car is quite stiff and at idle or low revs there's a lot of vibration going thru the interior. This is all fine as the only thing that rattles is the stereo. I've got a standard cassette unit and won't be replacing it but needn't to make it stop rattling. I've tried wedging foam behind it, tried surely up the cage surround that Holds it to the dash but no improvement. Any suggestion should on how to tackle this irritant?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Is it the radio itself or internal. If its the radio try butol tape Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I stuck some cloth tape on the back of the fascia to stop the plastic on plastic creaking.

[Image: IMG_20170408_145103_zpsqyec4xli.jpg]

The bracket in the photo below doesn't help.

If it was the other way around it would support the back of the unit better. 

What I did was to put a cable tie around it and put a bit of foam in it.
[Image: IMG_20170416_095119_zpsnkgc3r0s.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers deeturbo will give it ago! And yeah bash it's defo the radio as when I hold it firm it stops!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Yeah, try the cable tie around that bracket with a bit of foam in there to wedge the spike out the back of the radio.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: