Long overdue ....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long overdue ....
Yep, getting on here seems well overdue.  Have owned 306’s on and off (mostly on) since about ‘99.  No Gti-6’s sadly as couldn’t find a decent one that didn’t cost more than I was prepared to pay.  Now have a little collection of XSi's – 2 runners & 1 sitting neglected in a garage awaiting hours, weeks (probably months) of attention L.

Started maintaining them myself over the last couple of years.  Had done a bit of spannering in the past but light has only been cast the dark arts of engine management, electronic ignition, fuel injection and timing belts with the help of this and some other clubs/forums.  Know my way round the car pretty well now ....except for behind the dash ....haven’t been brave enough to venture there yet.  Guess a failed heater matrix will force my hand at some point.

Cutting to the chase, am here to finally get involved & hopefully help some others out with this strange obsession.  I’ve got Lexia/PP2000 & have had to use it quite a lot so may be able to help a few local members along the way.

Am only 20 mins from Castle Coombe so hope to pop along on Sat & hay hi.
Thanks given by:
welcome to the club mate, heater matrix isn't that bad, just a bit time consuming first time you do it, need any help just ask Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
    Cheers (or is that cheese!), it's good to be on here. Thanks for the offer of help too. Hope you won't regret it! Have a habit of tearing things apart n then looking at a pile of bits wondering how they all go back together  Huh !!! Pics of cars that currently run hopefully attached. The diablo red one looks like a shed with its s**ty peeling lacquer. Jim        

Hummm ..guess I'll eventually get the hang of attaching pics!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club. I'll be there on sat. Our stand is round the back near tower. I'm hoping to get on track in the rallye so keep your eyes out.
Thanks given by: