HP pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP pump
Hi mates

So after all of my research I just get confused and decided to open one more thread about the same subject as many other threads have, sorry but I'm starting my project soon a need to know exactly what parts are.. Please don't consider me annoying I' m just a newbie Tongue

My question is.. May I install a CP1/R70 or a CP3/R70?

1.4 hdi here in Portugal they came out with CR/CP3S3/R70 (about 50£)
1.6 hdi came out with CR/CP1H3 R70 (about 70£)

What's the ideal?

Fitting, mapping, eficiency etc....

Thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
CP3S3/CP1H3 from the 1.4/1.6 doesn't work in the same way as the CP1S3 on the 2.0 8v HDi engines.

The CP3S3/CP1H3 uses inlet metering (ZME) rather than relief regulation (DRV) that the CP1S3 on our 8v HDis use. Simply put - the CP3S3/CP1H3 controls the amount of fuel flowing into the pump chambers to be pressurised. The CP1S3 constantly pumps it's full quantity, but leaks off a much as is required to maintain the pressure in the rail.

The 1.6/1.4 pumps are not an easy fitment either way and you'd need to find a pulley that fits, as the 1.4/1.6 pulley is much smaller (for a higher drive ratio) than the 2.0 pulley. There are other pumps that would fit - just take a look round. Some engines do actually use both ZME and DRV at the same time (Vauxhall/Opel/Fiat 1.9 16v JTD/CDTi is a good example...) to cope with fast transient conditions, however the 1.4/1.6 does not - they use purely ZME regulation.

There is the possibility of using a fuel rail with a DRV valve from engines that use ZME and DRV at the same time or just have the DRV on the fuel rail (some Mercedes..)

[Image: 1804139.jpg]

There are some Mercedes fuel rails that might fit - the above is an example. You can then leave the ZME metering valve disconnected as they flow their full amount of fuel when disconnected.

Hope this explains the way they work and how they differ.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hello Ruan

Looking forward for your answer! Everytime I see a post from you, basher, poodle etc... Tongue I just read it very carefully xD And yes even before my registering in forum!! ahahah

I feel a bit more iluminated about the functioning of the system, but for exemple... To fit an R70 from a 2.2 is it a straight plug&play mod? Sorry for so many questions about the same but we TRULY limited here either from information or mechanics that be capable to listen, share and be envolved in a project with me (my thoughts!) so I put my hands at work!

Cheers
Yeah r70 is plug and play from the 2.2 or later 2.0 16v models had them as well. You may have to change the fps on the side of the pump though for the one of your original. Very easy to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Okay fellows thanks for the reply's and for the lesson! xDD

It's dificult to find that CP1S3!Tongue

Cheers
So today was my researching day and I may have found some nice CP1S3 reference that might be some good news!
That hp pump came out in 2.8 JTD Fiat Ducato (for ex.) it's a  CR/CP1S3/R75/10-1S (Iveco) or CR/CP1S3/R75/10-16S (Fiat).

Any info about that precious? =)

Cheers