1.9 12v head

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.9 12v head
Hello people. 
So I've seen people have talked or maybe ran the 8v head on the 2.1 bottom end so its obv  to run the 12v head on the 1.9 bottom end so is there pro's/con's of this? Would it be a pointless? Do the xud11 heads flow better than the xud9? I'm interest to see what other people say in the situation. 

Also on another note has  looked into stiffer springs etc on the xud11 and stronger lifters etc etc 
  One last thing in the xud11 I just put in my car I haven't got ARPS in it what's a good low boost to run been told they've lifted at around 22-24psi etc so just seeing what peoples thoughts are. 

LET THEBODGING COMMENCE
 BUILT IN A BARN IN SOMERSET. 
Thanks given by:
I ran mine at about 180bhp and probably 24-26psi IIRC no trouble and it is still going strong 18 months later with it's new owner. Standard lump.

I wouldn't bother with swapping heads, there is no real benefit.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2017, 06:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I ran mine at about 180bhp and probably 24-26psi IIRC no trouble and it is still going strong 18 months later with it's new owner. Standard lump.

I wouldn't bother with swapping heads, there is no real benefit.

Ahh right ok mate spot on so 20psi set up right should be fine then ideal cheers and ok didnt know if there would be.
Thanks given by:
Hello

I call cyril I'm from france

I have a 205 with a block 2.1 and a cylinder head 8 s I have released 229 cv at 430 nm of torque with a td04l-15t at 2.2 bar

I can say that I am reliable with 200 hp.

I prefer the breech 8 s because I can re-trim the cam a I can increase the diameter of the valves then I think with this cylinder head

The engine and slower at low speed

I'm never bored the cylinder head 12 valves it is very difficult to compare there is also one thing it you want to put more pressure with one

Big turbo cylinder head 8 s will accept more easily thanks to mechanical push-button

Sorry for the google translation

salut

je m appelle cyril je suis de france

j ai une 205 avec un bloc 2.1 et une culasse 8 s j ai sorti 229 cv a 430 nm de couple avec un td04l-15t a 2.2 bar

je peut dire que je suis fiable a 200 cv.

je préfère la culasse 8 s parce que je peut retailler l ardre a came je peut augmenter le diamètre des soupapes puis je pense que avec cet culasse

le moteur et moins lent a bas régime

je n es jamais éssaillé la culasse 12 soupapes il es très difficile de comparer il y a aussi une chose il vous voulez mettre plus de pression avec un

gros turbo la culasse 8 s acceptera plus facilement grace au poussoir mécanique
Thanks given by:
i dont think the oil feed works the other way round as they are slightly offset. The only reason the 8v head works on the 2,1 is that the headgasket allows the oil to flow that was. But the other way round the 12v head will have no oil feed. This is from memory though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: