Peugeot 306 start problem!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 306 start problem!
Hello Peugeot owners club! I have a problem with my Peugeot 306 Hdi 1999. Once i was reminded that instrument panel light on. Just only some lights but key wasnt in ignition. Car doesn't want to start- starter is spinning but motor doesnt start. Also the central locking doesnt work. I tried to disconnect baterry but it didnt help cause when i connect it the controls still lights. I tried disconnet ECU and it didnt help. After few minutes the car being locked with central lock and when i open it starts and work out. Next day it was the same problem. Car diagnostic shows P1517. Thank you for answers.
 Edit
Now i was in car and battery was disconnected longer and when i connected it it could start but when i turn off motor problem was repeated and it was heard that it is turn on a lot of things in the motor's space but the key wasnt in ignition.

http://i67.tinypic.com/21awyde.jpg
Thanks given by:
I would say that's an issue with your ignition switch.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Thanks for your answer i'll check it Smile
Thanks given by:

ignition switch i dismantled the problem persists

When disconnect the fuel pump double-relay clicking of the mute but begin to click ABS cube When you disconnect the ABS cube chattering stops, dashboard still lights
sorry for my englisch i used google translate
Thanks given by:
Well that's a strange one, i'm not sure what else to suggest beyond looking for damaged wire sheathing on the ignition loom. Without that switch being turned on there simply shouldn't be any power going to most of those components, therefore it's got to be a problem on that circuit in my mind. Probably something i've missed, i'm not much of an electrician.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hi ! Smile
Thank you for advice
I have new evidence
I began to disconnect a large fuse disconnecting with the latest dashboard goes out and relay chatter stops
car starts
The last major fuse box supplies power to insure in to the car?
[Image: xfc0eh.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I would hazard a guess thats your ignition fuse, i bet you won't get anything when you turn the key now.

This is one for Cully really.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Lihgts, blinkers etc. everything work. Car doesnt start also without fuse......

Im back where i was. The fuse almost doesnt solve anything. By the scheme it should connect fuse's cabinet in the car but it works also without fuse except central lock.
Just all of the relays stop to snap and dashboard turns off but the dashboard sometimes turns on when there is no fuse. And sometimes the ABS cube starts to snap.
Motor cant turn off even when the key is out and when i disconnect baterry plus pole then it stops after minute.
But it was  it wasnt happen that the car was doing normal that the controls turn off and stop snapping.
I opened the fuse's cabinet small and big, if they are not oxidised
We disconnected alternator, drv valve, all fuses and relays, airbag, Incandescent, switches, dashboard, ignition......
Thanks given by:
This seems like a really stupid thing but have you tried to reset that emergency switch by the ecu
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
That's a fuel- cut switch, wouldn't affect the ignition.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have problem with starting too... I was changing all filters and oil... Today i wanted to start the car,it started,bud after 5-10 seconds it turns off the engine... Looks like problem with fuel,but i have checked everything i could.
Thanks given by:
Try bleeding the fuel system through. It's self-bleeding so just turn the ignition on 3 or 4 times for five seconds at a time.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I already fixed it,but thanks for advice.. Smile
Thanks given by:
What fixed it?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: