New HMRC log in... WARNING: RANT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New HMRC log in... WARNING: RANT
Exclamation 
Anyone had this issue yet...seems a lot are annoyed by it...inc me.

So new login for self assesment tax return includes a access code that is sent to your mobile.

Not an issue if that happens once... But if you leave the screen alone for a couple minutes you have to log in again. If you havent finished and need to come back to it after making a brew...same again. If it wants to ensure you really are who you are...same again. Each time another access code sent to your mobile.

Sometimes it takes a few minutes, as much as 10minutes this morning...to come through to add to the annoyance.

And to just top it off...I have no signal in the house. So have to take the mobile phone outside, leave it there for a while, to get the code....

So in my half hour set aside this morning to do the self assesment... I got absolutely nowhere.

:pullinghairoutemoji:
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thanks for the headsup, will make sure i can get in ok today
Thanks given by:
Well that's something to look forward to this week then lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
pretty standard that screens with sensitive information time out Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2017, 10:48 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: pretty standard that screens with sensitive information time out Smile

Thats fine....

But to need to get a new access code via text everytime...!???
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2017, 10:50 AM)Piggy Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 10:48 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: pretty standard that screens with sensitive information time out Smile

Thats fine....

But to need to get a new access code via text everytime...!???

If it times out, absolutely. You wouldn't want to be in a public library for example and someone potentially picking up your details. It's not just HMRC that use codes & those types of code are always single use.

I can't really see the issue, we did ours in the last week or so.. got a code, followed each step and got it done.
Thanks given by:
But there is already a code and password you have to use....
They now have added this second access code which you have to get from a text.
Who uses computers a libarys anymore!? Do they even have them!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is there no alternative? Ive got two factor authentication on google and windows live etc and it allows you to have a master code in case texts dont work.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2017, 11:07 AM)Piggy Wrote: Who uses computers a libarys anymore!? Do they even have them!?

Was just an example James, lol. Public computers, plenty of places have them.

Yes, libraries still have computers!
Thanks given by:
Someone needs to invent a vibrating USB mousemat to keep the cursor moving at all times to stop timeouts happening...

HMRC HATES HIM!!!
Thanks given by: