Guys, send help, SOS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys, send help, SOS
Nah but in seriousness. How many time would you have to start a hdi to kill the battery? 

I've been working on the car in restricted space, so done a lot of starting turning the car around, turning off. The battery has had no chance to charge it as I've driven it for literally 2mins at a time. 

Went out to go to town and turned the key, turns engine 3 times and proceeds to go slower and slower! 

I've been playing with it a lot, it's got an after market alarm/central locking, it had a lot of excess wires  and I trimmed those back. But I'm thinking I might have disturbed something? Or caused it to drain the battery somehow? 

Had no warning lights before this
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
sounds like it just needs a decent charge tbh

battery won't thankyou for endless starts and no charging though
Thanks given by:
Sounds like old, shagged battery combined with short runs.

Replacement battery probably wouldn't go a-miss, but as long as you're careful, it'll probably last a while longer yet, just be aware that the battery is crap and you can't just stop/start it to move it around etc.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Replacement battery is on its way. Just wondered if there was anything else likely to drain?
Thanks given by:
Seeing as it's got aftermarket bits and wiring mods it might be worth checking for a parasitic drain.
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2017, 10:34 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: might be worth checking for a parasitic drain.

oh no.......waits for the post
How do you do that
and
my battery has exploded and my meter has melted

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I just wanted to know what the start current was... So I connected up my meter... There's now only a big pile of molten plastic...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
LOL LOL, sorry............... about 200 amps ( probably more as its a diesel and cold ) at first dropping to about 100 amps ish when the engine is spinning, the crank that is..........suprised fuse didn't blow in the dmm??

As a matter of interest I have a small dial amp meter which is placed along side a wire to "measure" amps, will give it a go to see if it still works.
Thanks given by:
I charged the battery, stuck it back on and it started first time. Had something I had to do at work today so haven't managed to take much of a look at it yet
Thanks given by:
Keep it on trickle charge if you can for s bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by: