Malteser 306 S16

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malteser 306 S16
Hi all,

Here are some pics of my 1995 S16 that i have owned for the past 12 years.
Sorry for the lack of photos during the build but i had restored and built it way back when i had first got hold of it and to be honest i have never really been trigger happy with a camera..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Never seen one of those front bumpers before. Looks really tidy! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I quite like the front bumper to be fair and i usually hate things like that. Also like the number plate as well. Got any resto pics??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Evil 306!! Love. It!

The bumper looks great, as said not normally a fan but I think it really works. Need more photos of that engine bay! Looks beaut
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, yes to be honest i'm also not a fan of big bumpers and and body kits and i know some of the purists are probably rolling there eyes at it but believe it or not i've had that bumper since 1996 on my old 306. Its something a little different and think its aged well with the car..

As for pics of the build, well they are somewhere in the bottom of the North sea about an hours flight out of Aberdeen as i was involved in a helicopter ditching shortly after completing the build and lost my phone and along with it any photos i had of the build.
So if there's anyone out there willing to go look for them i'd be most grateful!! Lol..

When i first got the car it needed a respray and with that i decided to do a ground up restoration and ended up replacing most of the panels due to the finish i had in mind i couldn't risk using panels that might of needed any body filler as with the Maltese sun it would be only a matter of time before they would show up in the paint work.

Once the car was sprayed i started stripping down the engine for the rebuild.

Its been a long time since the build but some of the things i did are as follows.

Lightened and balanced fly wheel
Lightened, knife edged, balanced and polished crank
Lightened, balanced and polished connecting rods
ARP connecting rod bolts
Wossner Hi comp pistons
Ported and polished head
Port matched inlet manifold and polished exterior
Dellorto DHLA 45s with Jennvy trumpets ( yes i know TBs are way better!)
Custom Vernier pulleys
Custom exhaust manifold
Mallory HYFire ignition amplifier
Mallory coil pack
MI 16 cam cover
And as you can imagine a lot and a lot of head scratching and sleepless nights!

Had also replaced the standard gearbox for a GTI-6 six speed

As for suspension the car sits on adjustable AVO Coilovers with custom made adjustable camber top mounts.
Standard S16 ARBs and torsion bars

I haven't really done anything to the car in about ten years but my plans for now is to getting it handle better and start by replacing the AVO coilovers with Bilsteins shocks and Eibach springs and raise the ride height along with top and bottom strut braces ect.

The pic i have attached is of the crank and the connecting rod ends taken a year after completion after taking off the sump for a peep. Sorry but that's the only one i have and its not the best!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: