405 SRDT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
405 SRDT
First of all sorry for another not a 306 thread!

After going to a couple of shows with Mr ZX_Volcane the last few years it became pretty obvious that there was virtually a complete lack of 405's present! I can't quite understand it as I've had a couple, they've always been good to me and are very capable cars. The last two cost me £30 and £70 I just wish this one had been that sought of money Blush

[Image: IurNFOY.jpg]

[Image: Lm6tdlZ.jpg]

Original RDS radio with column control working, no holes in the dash for the obligatory mobile phone holder, drivers seat is immaculate. I need a wheel trim like the one above if anyone knows of one? Long shot I know but one of them's kerb damaged, the other 3 are mint. It's pretty well specced for such an old car, remote central locking, all electric windows (auto on drivers), leccy sunroof, lumbar adjust on both front seats, ABS, power steering, electric heated mirrors and even a working outside temp sensor
It's not totally perfect, got a couple of blemishes but it drives like a new car Big Grin No lacquer peel is the main thing and the photos show it as I bought it, I still haven't polished it or waxed it yet.

One of 8 SRDT's currently left on UK roads according to the how many left site. Thanks again to Mr_Volcane for checking it over for me and putting a deposit down, the blokes a legend!
Thanks given by:
nice looking motor. always liked these. never had one though. i feel like whenever i looked i never found the right "spec" clearly you have though
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Cheers Smile I may be tempted to get a set of 1.9 GTi alloys for it but that's about it. You should've kept looking, they did an Executive version too iirc, that had it all standard.
Thanks given by:
Interesting the clock temp gauge is then just plonked into a 306 later on in life! Quality part there obviously! 

Car looks very cool  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ta Smile Hoping it's got a bit of a retro-cool thing going on? There's certainly no mistaking it in a car park now, especially when it's just the arse end of it you can see.
Thanks given by:
you not fancy the MI16 wheels? . . . . think that would be what i'd go for Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2017, 08:59 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you not fancy the MI16 wheels? . . . . think that would be what i'd go for Smile

I've never really liked them tbh, that and the fact it's not an Mi16.... Plus they are probably dearer and harder to find by now I should think? I've got a set of the original TSW Evo's that are Peugeot offset on my kit-car that is sat rotting in a field but doubt they are really suitable either.
I prefer 15's for handling on the road normally but thats not what this thing is for, it's getting grannied everywhere. I haven't even been over 55 in it yet!
Thanks given by:
I've been waiting to see some photos of this, looks to be a really good example of a 405 and still on the road.

Defo something to keep looking after.
Thanks given by:
You need a Feu Orange air freshener...

[Image: B207.jpg~original]
Thanks given by:
Nice car Paul ...
I used to have a 405 diesel estate - lovely car and was still going strong when I sold it at 250,000 miles approx : )
Thanks given by:
Lovely genuine car, not far from perfection. And yes you do need a feu orange air freshener Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks given by:
All the win
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2017, 09:08 AM)mr_fish Wrote: I've been waiting to see some photos of this, looks to be a really good example of a 405 and still on the road.

Defo something to keep looking after.

I hope it didn't dissapoint. The general plan is indeed to make it better and not worse.

(03-01-2017, 09:12 AM)1616six Wrote: You need a Feu Orange air freshener...

[Image: B207.jpg~original]
That made me lol. I had actually forgotten about those things!
(03-01-2017, 09:52 AM)maxaret Wrote: Nice car Paul ...
I used to have a 405 diesel estate - lovely car and was still going strong when I sold it at 250,000 miles approx : )

The £70 saloon I bought had 250,000 on it when I sold it too. Because it owed me nothing I was not kind to it and it just took it and took it, I actually feel a bit guilty for thrashing it that much but it simply wouldn't die. After putting an axle on it that cost more than the whole car I sold it to an old boy for £150, I think he died before the car did?!
With the miles this one's done I reckon there should be a few left in it yet Smile

(03-01-2017, 10:15 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Lovely genuine car, not far from perfection. And yes you do need a feu orange air freshener Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There will be nothing dangling from my mirror thankyou very much Tongue It's a pet hate of mine to have anything in the windscreen area whatsoever to distract from the road.

As for winning Piggy, it certainly won't be races.

If anyone reading this has a phase 2 parked up anywhere I need a bottom section of the centre console, there's a mark on the lid to the ashtray section that's not going to polish out. Must be in VGC obviously ta Smile
Thanks given by:
My dad had 2 405's, a bullet proof work horse and really comfortable. All the best with it!
Thanks given by:
Thanks Smile These things were European car of the year by the biggest margin ever when they came out you'd hope they would be ok to live with.
Thanks given by:
I like this a lot, certainly looks like you good yourself a decent one which there can't be too many of them left. Like you say there really has been a lack of 405s at the peugeot etc shows. I look forward to seeing this one in person at the shows this year Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers Frosty. That is the plan come the summer. 8 of these and 13 Sri's according to how many left on the road at the mo, not sure on their accuracy but a yardstick atleast? Thanfully it hasn't been just sat totally for x amount of years, it's done very little but better than nothing imo :-)
Thanks given by:
Not much been going on with this, trying to keep the miles off it. It's been treated to a couple of gates belts as a precaution and a brand new old stock wheel trim I found on ebay so now all 4 are pretty much immaculate bar a few tar spots. It's also had a good dosing of Autoglym.
[Image: P1040890.jpg]

[Image: P1040373.jpg]

According to how many lefts latest figures another 3 of these have now come off the road so only 5 left on the raod and 20 sorned!
Thanks given by:

A couple of photos at a great day out at Pugfest courtesy of Mr ZX_Volcane.

That 205 blitzing the hill and the 106's and 206 getting very out of shape in the S's were the highlights of the day for me Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
That's an absolute beauty Paul   Inlove
Thanks given by:
Just checked this out. looks extremely clean. Cant wait to see it on stand!
Thanks given by:
When I first saw the one photo above I was WTF is that scratch down the door!!! Then realized it was a reflection. Phew.

I've never had to black the bumpers since I've had it, they are that good, what can I stick on them to keep the UV off and keep them that way?
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2017, 10:36 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: When I first saw the one photo above I was WTF is that scratch down the door!!! Then realized it was a reflection. Phew.

I've never had to black the bumpers since I've had it, they are that good, what can I stick on them to keep the UV off and keep them that way?

peanut butter? oil of some kind ...
Thanks given by:
This looked super cool and super clean at Pugfest Smile nice retro Peugeot you have yourself there.
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2017, 09:06 AM)MY95 Wrote: This looked super cool and super clean at Pugfest Smile nice retro Peugeot you have yourself there.

Thanks Smile I don't really understand why these things don't get a bit more love, they are such a great all round car with plenty of modern creature comforts. Went to FCS yesterday and it appeared to be the only 405 at the whole show!?
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2017, 11:17 AM)Paul Baldwin Wrote:
(14-07-2017, 09:06 AM)MY95 Wrote: This looked super cool and super clean at Pugfest Smile nice retro Peugeot you have yourself there.

Thanks Smile I don't really understand why these things don't get a bit more love, they are such a great all round car with plenty of modern creature comforts. Went to FCS yesterday and it appeared to be the only 405 at the whole show!?

good to meet you, really nice example you've got there, i mean they're getting quite scarce now really, have you had a look on ebay, auto trader etc? Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

good to meet you, really nice example you've got there, i mean they're getting quite scarce now really, have you had a look on ebay, auto trader etc? Smile
[/quote]

Ditto! Yes' I've been keeping an eye on both. Very, very few pop up on the Trader and ebay seems to be mainly estates when they do come up. There have been a few low milers advertised by traders fishing at prices circa 3K but they have been base models.
A Le Mans went for 4K with 42 bids and it needed restoration! If the sale went thru however.....
Thanks given by:
(14-07-2017, 07:01 AM)zx_volcane Wrote:
(13-07-2017, 10:36 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: When I first saw the one photo above I was WTF is that scratch down the door!!! Then realized it was a reflection. Phew.

peanut butter? oil of some kind ...

Apparently linseed oil works well Smile
Thanks given by:
I used G-Technic C5/C4 on my black trim - it's quite expensive but a little goes a long way and it lasts about 6 months between applications.
190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:
Quite expensive is right! I think I,ll try some oil on the old girl first then. Either that or try some autoglym stuff as it's a cheaper alternative and I usually find their products to be pretty good.
Thanks given by: