Strange issue plus more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange issue plus more
Hi all had my 306 a year now and its starting to misbehave.
Have several issues some I will sort out but others I'm stumped on
Hears the list lol
Rear axle needs changing 
Cam belt kit needs fitting
Coolest is muddy I had flushed it but gone muddy again.
Eml has suddenly lit up but car runs fine dont know what code reader to get
Exhaust has a hole needs changing
And the most annoying is this high pitched whine that's nearly all the time seems to be coming from behind the dash drivers side 
CCar had an aftermarket sterio fitted and has no perminent live so loosing memory
And finally rear heated window not working
Well that's it for the moment lol 
I should be ok with the rear axle 
Sort of know how to do the cam belt 
And suspect my rad is gunge up at the bottom as the drain plug dont work lol.
Any ideas on the rest would be helpful
Thanks given by:
That's quite a list but I'm guessing most 306's will have a few things wrong with them at this age.

The radio will need the yellow and red cables swapped over. Most decent make have bullet connectors on the harness that allows you to swap these cables over. Some very cheap radios don't so you'll need to cut them and reattach them yourself.

The rear heater could be a blown fuse or a cable damaged in the loom where they bend when open and closing the boot. Check the fuse first.
Thanks given by:
says youre cambridge way. im bury st edmunds and have pp2k (dealer diag) for pug. wing by and i can code read it for you
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I found one of these* actually worked with my car for basic fault codes.
best bit of cash I ever spent (compared to garage charges)

* http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U480-Car-Engin...SwnbZYIDAS
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that info deeturbo yep gonna have fue issues lol but I don't mind getting my hands dirty. will have a look at that when I get a sec on the radio as for the rear window I should have reiterated a little ment to add what are the fuse positions iv got no handbook and can't find what fuse is in what position lol. Hoping it's not the loom had to do the drivers door a while back the previous owner had propper bodged it. 
Any thought on the dam whine from behind the dash noticed it gos away when I accelerate hard then come back when I lift off? I'll have to try attach a recording it drives me nuts 

Thank you for the offer bashBarnard will have to sort something out when I get off 12 hour days grrr everyone seems to destroy things just befor xmass so works piled up lol
Thanks given by:
Does the strange whine go away when brakes are applied, ours has a faint high pitched whine sort of noise from time to time.

Cam belt job is easy, don't put that off, some of the cam cover bolts are a a bit of a pita with large hands, w/pump off so a reflush is half done, flush rad both ways and heater. Don't forget crap in expansion tank. Crank bolt, see recent thread on that.

Be careful with rear screen heater spade connections, i left intact and cut wires some 10 inches or so from the rear screen spade connectors, the thick wires in the tailgate ( estate ) door looms where make and break contact, easy to thread new wires thru looms. from memory the l/h/side one is the earth one.
Thanks given by:
LH rear, just behind the rear courtesy light is the earth for the rear window heater..

i JUST did mine, was a broken earth wire
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
The whine is probably something in the fuel system, mine does it too - i think it's the fpr. There's nothing wrong with it as such.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strange starting issue PugLover1984 7 1,499 01-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob