Mk3 hilux

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mk3 hilux
Hi all, as I spend alot of time browsing on this forum but never contributing or signing on, I thought I'd post a project thread of my pickup on here for anyone that mite be interested

That is how it stands at the moment, unfortunately I ran over my old phone and lost all my photos of the last 2 years getting it to the point it's at today, it started in my ownership as a bog standard straight of the farm mk3 2.4d with a Hightop white truckman canopy fitted, since then I've fitted 3inch body lift 3 inch suspension lift 35/12.50 maxis creepy crawlers on 15x10 modular steel wheels, and 1kzt 3.0td engine and gearbox from a 4runner
Thanks given by:
That's cool man!
Thanks given by:
So the future plans for the pickup, I've been thinkin on a 6bt Cummins since before I even bought the pickup up, so that was initially the plan, but after a trip to the bakers about a month ago for a coffee an bacon roll I walk out owning a 1hdt 4.2 6cylinder engine and gearbox with all the ancillaries out of a 1995 landcruiser, it mite no be the same capacity as the Cummins but it's the best part of 150kg lighter comes with gearbox and transfer box so no faffing about tryin to mount transfer boxes and headaches like that ,

The biggest problem with this is going to be that the head from end to end is the same length as my engine bay from bulkhead to bonnet striker, I'm glad I never went for the Cummins because it's over 100mm longer, so in the next few weeks my 306 will be goin for a mot and this will be coming of the road, have got more plans for it Aswell whilst it's of the road, sorry alot of text and not many pics at the moment

How do I flip photos round before I post them
Thanks given by:
I have a Cummins engine. It's stupidly big/heavy. It makes my engine crane sink into the tarmac.

What fueling system does the Land Cruiser engine run?
Thanks given by:
I've been watching ur thread and am liking where ur going with it, how does the front of the ranger measure up length wise for the Cummins, the pump on this engine is a bosch ve style copy I think it mite be a denso but not sure, the only thing I can figure out on the id plate on the pump is that it's got a 12mm fuel pin
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2016, 06:55 PM)brains Wrote: I've been watching ur thread and am liking where ur going with it, how does the front of the ranger measure up length wise for the Cummins, the pump on this engine is a bosch ve style copy I think it mite be a denso but not sure, the only thing I can figure out on the id plate on the pump is that it's got a 12mm fuel pin

The engine will fit in my bay with about 20mm to spare but no room for a rad or a fan. Part of the engine may end up out the bonnet and the transmission tunnel / bulkhead needs substantial cutting.
Thanks given by: