scottish newbie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scottish newbie
Hi all,

Yet another newbie. But love reading the threads.

Just purchased my first 306. A blaze gti6.

Few things wrong with her but hopefully soon sort it out. ie 

rotton wing
immobiliser locked
huge side skirts
bigger roof spoiler
graphics everywhere

Good news is she is reasonably clean and someone as far as i can tell spent a lot of money previously just not to my taste
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile sounds like a good base for a project! get some pics up so we can all see the progress Smile
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum. Glasgow based Diablo owner as in the colour of my 6.... Not the Lambo.

Look fwd to reading about your progress.

Best of.
Thanks given by:
hi and welcome from another newbie Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome, always wanted a blaze Sad get some pics up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
No photos just yet as away working at the moment will get updates as soon as i can. Thanks for all the messages
Thanks given by:

So this is the project car. Photos are not the greatest by any standards.

This is photos taken when i was last home. new front wing and rear bumper now fitted. The dual exit is off (replacement here just not fitted) and front end has been treated to new disks and pads. These wheels are also being replaced. Hopefully next time home ill get the rear end checked out but will need a new battery first as immobilizer has kicked in
Thanks given by:
As much as i dislike the exhaust in that pic it certainly looks like someone went to alot of effort to make the exhaust cutout in the bumper look factory!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Yes totally agree with you. When i removed the bumper it was obvious a good bit of time went into it. Basically its the same story with the rest of the car. Whoever done "mods" done them to a high standard but it was a few years ago and just not to my taste either.

Basic plan is just to get it back to standard ish with a nice set of wheels and s/s exhaust and lowered. But in no great rush

There still are 306gti6.com stickers on the rear windows so possibly has been known
Thanks given by:
Yeah it doesn't look over the top and certainly nothing that cant be undone fairly easily Smile

Get a project thread up & keep up updated!
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Not usually a fan of dual exits but again this looks like it was done very tidy. Look forward to see the progress on this
Thanks given by:
Pretty good job of the cut out for the dual exit, looks oem
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yes it really does look oem. Will look into getting a project thread started actually. Will get a few things together before adding or it could be a real long thread ha.

Well bumper and exhaust will be going up for sale cheaply soon, as would like someone to have them as they are in pretty good condition just not for me and would like some space back in the garage.

So far the stripping back of parts has went relatively well. Biggest challenge was silly locking wheel nuts, torqued up far too much that the matching key ended up rounding them so had to drill them out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scottish Newbie simonboyle106 10 1,549 19-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Last Post: simonboyle106