Waxoyl into inner sill?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waxoyl into inner sill?
My mate just welded up the usual spots at the rear end of both sills  on my Peugeot 405 and as I discovered a 5 litre tin of waxoyl and compressed air applicator i squirrelled away over ten years ago in the recesses of my shed.   Is there access to the "back"/"inside" of the sill to blow waxoyl on the inside cavity of the weld if I prise off the plastic trim/carpet inboard of the door or is it better to drill 10mm holes in the sill apply waxoyl and then knock in peugeot fir tree fasteners?

Photo before welding!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
there are bungs in the end of the sill.

However you risk blocking the drain holes.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
What i always do on a welding job is cut away old rusty stuff. Use weld through primer (expensive but worth it) before welding that way protects everything inside. Then weld up. But otherwise as welshpug said just bang it through a hole if youre concerend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If you're worried the Waxoil's too thick spray something thinner down there. Old engine oil and diesel is the old trick. The diesel is that thin it'll soak righ into any rust, even in a seem. Parking it somewhere for a bit afterwards is the only problem. If it's wet you'll leave rainbows everywhere you go
I've just bought an SRDT as it happens. Had a couple of 405's over the years and they've always been good to me Smile
Thanks given by:
    Paul I agree the 405 estate is practical, I have a brace of them nad and td, Im going to take your advice.

ps this is rather embarrassing but i just cannot find the paint code anywhere, it may be pearlescent, just says green on the log book,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
It should be a 4 letter code. All the one's I've seen are on the strut top.
Thanks given by:
strut tops, boot, door inners...all my other 405s had a 4 digit code...the only thing on this is the yellow stencil on passenger side suspension turret... I need paint as fuel flap plastic hinge broken and replacement is red!
Thanks given by:
Welshpugs the resident anorak, hopefully he'll be along again with some possible codes Smile

Dunno if any of the info on this page is useful to you? http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm
Thanks given by:
M0SU metallic aquamarine, courtesy of RRG Peugeot Oldham...both friendly and not put out! Thank you for the help Paul...enjoy your SRDT...saloon I take it...Handsome car is the saloon!
Thanks given by:
No probs.

Yep, saloon in steel/magnum grey. Same as the Sri afaik but with a diesel lump? Only 37K on the clock at mo so she's got a few miles left in her yet hopefully Smile
Thanks given by:
Thumbs Up 
37k what a find....[Image: thumbsup.png]
Thanks given by:
    Drilled and filled with warm waxoyl and a drop of white spirit (at 80psi)...double skin where I drilled so long "Tree" used.
Thanks given by:
What i always do on a welding job is cut away old rusty stuff. Use weld through primer (expensive but worth it) before welding that way protects everything inside. Then weld up.

weld thru primer?? what's that please??
Thanks given by:
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-..._-370426&_$ja=tsid:60494%7Ccgn:GoogleShopping%7Ckw:370426&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=xwtipmaxa&istBid=tzxq&_$ja=tsid:35522|cid:344535484|agid:25439634364|tid:aud-80976661069:pla-211143445444|crid:89827673284|nw:g|rnd:8679037656488972219|dvc:c|adp:1o1&gclid=CjwKEAiAg5_CBRDo4o6e4o3NtG0SJAB-IatY41lICiwaewapD_hQUmnQRoDtg5dFrGuLj8zZNkLF7hoCHUbw_wcB
Thanks given by: pug306driver

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  thoughts on waxoyl cully 12 3,050 07-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Fozzy