Lucas Pump: mechanical or semi-ecu controlled?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas Pump: mechanical or semi-ecu controlled?
Hello

Could anybody please help me identify what type of lucas pump I have here? Can't really find any info on google..

It is on a XUD9SD DHW engine in a 1997 Citroen Xantia.

I found a sticker on the pump saying it's a Lucas R8445B250A, code 207663 drf. It has something more written on it, but I can't see what it is, since the sticker goes under it.

As seen in the pictures, I think the pump has no immobilizer, just one wire going straight to the stop solenoid (if I got it right, the green connector sticking out on the right side of it). There's also a blue three wire plug. At least one wire from the blue plug goes under and behind and then to the top the pump to a black switch on the top of the throttle arm. There also is a wire on the bottom left part of the pump, goint to some other sensor type of thing on another arm.. And I think that's it.

Is this a fully mechanical pump (self advancing) or is it ECU controlled one (that has the ECU controlled advancing)? I think it is the mechanical one, but I am not sure. What's the blue plug for? EGR? I am planing to swap this engine over to my Peugeot 205 soon, so I don't want an ECU controlled pump. Will this one work with just the solenoid wired to ignition live and no other electronic ecu kind of stuff from the donor citroen? Or should I start looking for a fully mechanical Bosch VP20 with the bosch injector lines and so on (which I know is superior, but atm I just want the engine running with the current pump after the swap)?

The pics:
[Image: lucas1_768.jpg]

[Image: lucas2_768.jpg]

[Image: lucas3_768.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looks like its a semi ecu controlled jobbie as it has a tps on it
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
hi bashbarnard,
any way I could make sure? unpluging the connectors maybe, except for the stop solenoid. If it's ecu controlled, pump timing should be off, right? I mean I could tell from the sound of the engine I guess.
I can't check right away as the car is not in my yard atm, so just gathering some info now so I can make sure the next time I'm there.
I've read somewhere that the blue plug is for egr. searched for lucas xud110 on google and some pumps seem to have another black plug of the same kind as the blue one, but I don't think I saw one on mine. Doesn't seem to be there in the photos, but maybe it's somewhere under the pump. I'll look for it next time aswell. but if the blue plug was for the egr and the only other wire goes to the stop solenoid, I guess it's mechanical then?
Thanks given by:
Nah thats fully mechanical. Screw the front cap off and go for gold.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas pump cap carlukepeugeot 7 3,719 19-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,279 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: weka
  Need help d turbo lucas pump. Djbeny4477 1 1,470 21-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: johnny625