Parts for the gti6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: Parts for the gti6
Theres a few bits im after for the gti6, i will prob be adding to the list when i find out more bits i need. If you do have any parts i'm after or come across any on facebook etc let me know. If a bit of a distance away ideally parts will need to be delivered but happy to usually pick up parts if localish.

Battery live and earth cables - sorted
Throttle cable
Gti6 sump - sorted
Gti6 cat (ideally after a genuine 1 but i know not many of them about) - got an aftermarket 1 but ideally still on the lookout for a genuine sorted
Phase 3 spoiler sorted
Standard CD stereo
Standard steering wheel - sorted
Rear arch liners sorted
Bottom rad hose (push in with metal clip style) sorted
Gti6 gear knob - sorted
Gti6 standard airbox and pipe work - sorted
Gti6 decat (proper 1 if poss instead if a homemade jobbie)

Body panels in astor grey and pretty good condition
Bonnet
Driver side wing
Side skirts
Front bumper
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 07:32 AM)Frosty Wrote: Battery live and earth cables

Gti6 sump

Bottom rad hose

i have these
rad hose there are two types
plastic push fit with plastic wing clips or metal with metal wire retaining clip?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
i would attempt to make up your own battery cables as i doubt any original ones will be decent. Maybe peugeot still do them?

Ive got a 6 sump but its got the ac mounts missing.

good luck finding astor parts! or any for that matter.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 09:30 AM)cully Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 07:32 AM)Frosty Wrote: Battery live and earth cables

Gti6 sump

Bottom rad hose

i have these
rad hose there are two types
plastic push fit with plastic wing clips or metal with metal wire retaining clip?

Ok ideal ill message you later on cully.

The bottom hose is the newer type with the metal wire retaining clip.

(07-11-2016, 01:08 PM)Eeyore Wrote: i would attempt to make up your own battery cables as i doubt any original ones will be decent. Maybe peugeot still do them?

Ive got a 6 sump but its got the ac mounts missing.

good luck finding astor parts! or any for that matter.

Ok i'll see how I get on. Ah ideally I think im going to be after a sump with the mounts as I want to try and get the air con working.

Yeah astor panels will not be easy to get hold of but I thought if I asked the question on the off chance someone may have or know of some.
Thanks given by:
Got the hdi steering wheel here mate, maybe battery cables too, can't remember what I took off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 05:57 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Got the hdi steering wheel here mate, maybe battery cables too, can't remember what I took off

Ok mate, ill drop you a text.
Thanks given by:
Frosty if you would take non astor panels i could supply them for £30 collected Smile Might also be able to do a deal on other parts.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2016, 01:10 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Frosty if you would take non astor panels i could supply them for £30 collected Smile Might also be able to do a deal on other parts.

Ok matt ill bear that in mind cheers. You got any of the bits on the list that aren't body panels?
Thanks given by:
Updated the first post with bits i have sorted now, thanks to people so far who have been able to help me out. I will add more as i go along i expect.
Thanks given by:
I have a genuine gti6 catalyst, the outlet pipe has snapped. On my old gti6 the cat snapped in exactly the same place. As mine is one of the older gti6s being a ph.1, I'd imagine they'll all start doing that eventually, especially as people drive on track etc.

My solution was to weld a flexi on the end and then that had a sleeve fitment for my cat back exhaust.

Would it be of interest to you? If not I'll probably weigh it in.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2016, 06:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I have a genuine gti6 catalyst, the outlet pipe has snapped. On my old gti6 the cat snapped in exactly the same place. As mine is one of the older gti6s being a ph.1, I'd imagine they'll all start doing that eventually, especially as people drive on track etc.

My solution was to weld a flexi on the end and then that had a sleeve fitment for my cat back exhaust.

Poss could be. You able to get some pics?
Thanks given by:
I think I have a standard cd player u can have next time im up or your down this way
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2016, 01:02 PM)daniel909 Wrote: I think I have a standard cd player u can have next time im up or your down this way

Ok cheers bud.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2016, 06:56 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(16-11-2016, 06:49 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I have a genuine gti6 catalyst, the outlet pipe has snapped. On my old gti6 the cat snapped in exactly the same place. As mine is one of the older gti6s being a ph.1, I'd imagine they'll all start doing that eventually, especially as people drive on track etc.

Can do at some point. It looks like a gti6 with a snapped outlet pipe. It's snapped on the pipe near the fitting to the centre section though, not on the cat.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2016, 01:58 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(16-11-2016, 06:56 PM)Frosty Wrote:

Can do at some point. It looks like a gti6 with a snapped outlet pipe. It's snapped on the pipe near the fitting to the centre section though, not on the cat.

Ok, has it been repaired or not?
Thanks given by:
It cracked once, got welded up, and then cracked again. I can't remember what the crack looks like but I could weld it up again. It will probably be a matter of time before it goes again though.

It depends what exhaust you are running but I put a flexi in the replacement and then had that sleeve fitment to the aftermarket cat back. Mine is one of the oldest gti6s, so I imagine this failure mode will start cropping up on others before long.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2016, 10:31 PM)RetroPug Wrote: It cracked once, got welded up, and then cracked again. I can't remember what the crack looks like but I could weld it up again. It will probably be a matter of time before it goes again though.

It depends what exhaust you are running but I put a flexi in the replacement and then had that sleeve fitment to the aftermarket cat back. Mine is one of the oldest gti6s, so I imagine this failure mode will start cropping up on others before long.

Ok well if you can sort a couple of pics of what has been done so i can see what i would be able to sort with it that would be ideal cheers.
Thanks given by:
I've got a magnex decat pipe if you can't find a genuine Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(24-11-2016, 04:02 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: I've got a magnex decat pipe if you can't find a genuine Smile

Ok bud, drop me a message on facebook or something.
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2016, 07:32 AM)Frosty Wrote: Theres a few bits im after for the gti6, i will prob be adding to the list when i find out more bits i need. If you do have any parts i'm after or come across any on facebook etc let me know. If a bit of a distance away ideally parts will need to be delivered but happy to usually pick up parts if localish.

Throttle cable
Gti6 sump - sorted
Gti6 cat (ideally after a genuine 1 but i know not many of them about) - got an aftermarket 1 but ideally still on the lookout for a genuine a
Phase 3 spoiler
Standard CD stereo
Rear arch liners
Bottom rad hose (push in with metal clip style)
Gti6 gear knob - hopefully sorted

Bonnet
Driver side wing
Side skirts
Front bumper

Hi pal,

Are you still after a driver side wing? See my thread below.

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=35608
Thanks given by:
throttle cable from ecp
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2017, 10:09 AM)reese Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 07:32 AM)Frosty Wrote: Theres a few bits im after for the gti6, i will prob be adding to the list when i find out more bits i need. If you do have any parts i'm after or come across any on facebook etc let me know. If a bit of a distance away ideally parts will need to be delivered but happy to usually pick up parts if localish.

Throttle cable
Gti6 sump - sorted
Gti6 cat (ideally after a genuine 1 but i know not many of them about) - got an aftermarket 1 but ideally still on the lookout for a genuine a
Phase 3 spoiler
Standard CD stereo
Rear arch liners
Bottom rad hose (push in with metal clip style)
Gti6 gear knob - hopefully sorted

Bonnet
Driver side wing
Side skirts
Front bumper

Hi pal,

Are you still after a driver side wing? See my thread below.

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=35608

Replied to you cheers bud, i need to update the list tbf as i have bought a few bits.

(28-02-2017, 12:36 PM)fatlapit Wrote: throttle cable from ecp

Rather try and get a decent 2nd hand one tbh. Some of the aftermarket cables are pretty poor IMO.

First post updated. If anyone any of the bits im after it would be ideal if i could collect them at a show in the summer.
Thanks given by:
I have original stereo with CD player in good working condition. £20 posted?

#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2017, 10:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I have original stereo with CD player in good working condition. £20 posted?

You coming pugfest or FCS?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 parts UPDATED Matt 24 3,315 03-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Various GTI6 parts required. blaze_the_6 2 1,066 03-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Last Post: Jaymes306
  Wanted- GTI6 parts Kimmie 38 5,776 27-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191