Blower not working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blower not working
As in title the blower for the hot or cold air has just stopped working in my 306 hdi. Is there any fuses etc I should check before swapping the unit itself.

Thanks in advance any advice would be appreciated
Thanks given by:
I would imagine there is a fuse but not 100% sure. Pop the plug off the motor and check you got a live and earth there, i have known a few motors to die.
Thanks given by:
was it squeaking or weak before hand? Check the connections on the bottom of the motor which is located under the passenger side of the dash.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2016, 06:41 AM)Frosty Wrote: I would imagine there is a fuse but not 100% sure. Pop the plug off the motor and check you got a live and earth there, i have known a few motors to die.

I will do this tomorrow thanks. I checked every fuse in the interior of the car. I couldn't get the fuses out that are under the bonnet, they didn't seem to want to pull out and I didn't want to break them.

(26-10-2016, 08:20 AM)Eeyore Wrote: was it squeaking or weak before hand? Check the connections on the bottom of the motor which is located under the passenger side of the dash.

No it wasn't squeeking nor was it weak. I will do thank you
Thanks given by:
I have similar problem to this.
I discovered that connectors at the end of the wire are worn out (old), so I have removed rubber cover, so that I can push them on if they get loose.
Problem got better when I cleanded connectors on motor and wires themselves.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents? Zubes3 4 1,216 19-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Zubes3
  Blower not working stevesmiff 18 2,817 13-11-2015, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Niall
  Heater blower not working-Cold...So cold... Pug0BZ3011 17 4,721 16-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Last Post: aaron6