Cleaning Products

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Products
Looking to get some new cleaning products for the cars, what do you all recommend from experience?

Looking for some decent stuff, especially something to eat through the grime on alloys so it's minimal scrubbing as possible!

Smile
Thanks given by:
Fairy liquid? Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2016, 08:16 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote: Looking to get some new cleaning products for the cars, what do you all recommend from experience?

Looking for some decent stuff, especially something to eat through the grime on alloys so it's minimal scrubbing as possible!

Smile

Have a look on the Autobrite website. They have some great kit on there.

Shampoo - Purple Velvet. Smells like bubblegum and cleans brilliant.
Fallout remover (Iron filings from brake disks) - Purple Rain
Alloy cleaner - BriteGel is supposed to be fantastic.

A lot of people think that Purple rain is a wheel cleaner but that's not it's main job. Its main job is to dissolve iron build up and steel that has landed on paint or wheels. Works well on brake dust and build up though Smile
Thanks given by:
Autofinesse offer a really nice iron breakdown spray.
It's citrus free also so is delicate and PH neutral
I use it for extra stubborn wheels which customers may bring me...
It's pricy for what it is, oh, and it stinks, so be careful with it!

What other finish are you after with your cleaning?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2016, 08:22 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Fairy liquid? Wink

I'll get some for you to come clean the cars yeah? Wink

(23-10-2016, 08:28 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Autofinesse offer a really nice iron breakdown spray.
It's citrus free also so is delicate and PH neutral
I use it for extra stubborn wheels which customers may bring me...
It's pricy for what it is, oh, and it stinks, so be careful with it!

What other finish are you after with your cleaning?

Looking for decent wax, leather cleaner and something to rid of all the muck etc that the dogs have created in the car as I'll probably be looking to sell the pug next year and don't think people would appreciate years of dog left in the car haha
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2016, 08:48 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote:

In all honesty, I wouldn't even clean my ex's car with fairy liquid, I'm just not that heartless! I die a little inside when I see people using fairy liquid and a sponge to clean their cars. Nospeak
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2016, 08:48 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote: Looking for decent wax, leather cleaner and something to rid of all the muck etc that the dogs have created in the car as I'll probably be looking to sell the pug next year and don't think people would appreciate years of dog left in the car haha

This wax is getting some damn good reviews all over facebook at the moment.
http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.p...500ml.html
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2016, 08:52 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(23-10-2016, 08:48 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote:

In all honesty, I wouldn't even clean my ex's car with fairy liquid, I'm just not that heartless! I die a little inside when I see people using fairy liquid and a sponge to clean their cars. Nospeak

I know a few people who use herbal essences!  Rofl
(23-10-2016, 08:54 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote:
(23-10-2016, 08:48 PM)MrsMidnight Wrote: Looking for decent wax, leather cleaner and something to rid of all the muck etc that the dogs have created in the car as I'll probably be looking to sell the pug next year and don't think people would appreciate years of dog left in the car haha

This wax is getting some damn good reviews all over facebook at the moment.
http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/index.p...500ml.html

Oooohhh bandana scented haha
Thanks given by:
General all purpose cleaner - Autosmart G101
Tar remover - Autosmart Tardis
Fallout remover - Number of different ones, all do the same job nothing really any better than anything else. Autosmart do one called Red7 which is as good as anything else but doesnt strip the lining of your nose/eyes/lungs...
Shampoo - Dodojuice Born to be Mild or Bilt Hamber Auto wash
Leather cleaner - DodoJuice supernatural leather cleaner
Quick detailer - Wowos Quick detailer
Wax - All depends on how much you want to spend. Some of the iWax's are very good and not too expensive.
Wheel cleaner - A combo of a fallout remover, tar remover, plus a good, non acidic wheel cleaner (I use Bilberry) should see them right. If they are are properly crusty, a very occasional use of an acidic based wheel cleaner such as Wonder Wheels etc won't hurt. If they are really, really, really bad, brick acid does the job but don't let it dwell, use plenty of clean water to rinse and do not get it on your hands.

The key to making a car look good is to do with the prep. You can spend lots of money on a top end wax but if you don't spend time on the prep, it won't look anywhere near as good as it could/should. I'm getting back into my detailing in a big way at the moment so its all about how much time/effort you want to put in. To be honest, Autoglym SRP does a decent job of filling if you haven't the time/inclination to do much prep.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
I've always liked the Megs Gold range.
Thanks given by:
Stick to moderate cheap stuff, unless you're a professional detailer no ones every going to notice. Any poorboys product is insanely good value and good quality, the waxes are The best I've used. Pisses all over the meguires I picked up from ECP. Get yourself a cheap clay bar kit, simple little step I've started using and it makes hell of a difference.

Some clean micro fibre towels, I always buy cheap ones.

I also use a cheap rotary machine, makes life much easier. I can give a car a full clay, machine polish and wax in a 3-4hrs.
Thanks given by:
Thanks everyone Smile

Now to make a decision! (oh god haha)
Thanks given by:
I tend to use a lot of the autosmart products but it helps that there a dealer that comes round to my work. Its all pretty good value for money but you do have to buy most things in large amounts like 5 litres with is a bit of a draw back for most i guess. All decent stuff though i personally think.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  road marking & repair products (uk web) Magenta Sunset 0 792 21-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Odd little peugeot products Razorback_Rob 11 2,214 22-09-2014, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  cleaning products cluskie 8 1,493 07-03-2014, 08:13 AM
Last Post: 7057sam