XUD9TE de-turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD9TE de-turbo
Hey,

My name's Andy, I'm new here! Blush

This is a bit of a hypothetical  thread. I've been searching the internet for some info on this, found some, but no straight answers to my question in mind.

A bit of the backstory behind this. I have a 205 that originally had a XUD9 na engine. Now the engine is out of order and what I want is a bit of an upgrade - a XUD9TE from a 306 with a mechanical bosch pump. The problem is that due to some restrictions in my country I won't be able to pass the mot because of an obvious engine swap (the turbo an IC).

What if, I swap the engines, drop in the xud9te, but before the mot test I remove the IC, swap the exhaust mani to a xud9 NA, block the oil to turbo, and kind of have a NA xud9 that way? Would the car run? Now I know it would have low compression and run slow, but that's only for the mot, so not really a problem as long as it runs. My other concern is the emissions, since that's also tested. Wouldn't this (running without the turbo) mess up the emissions (unburnt fuel, etc)? If so would tuning the pump to less fuel help?

As I said, this is purely hypothetical atm, but I would be very thankful for your thoughts!
Thanks given by:
you would have to remove the turbo too, if you're fitting the NAD downpipe, if i understand you correctly, wouldn't like to stop oil going to a working turbo, otherwise i think it would work Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2016, 02:44 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: you would have to remove the turbo too, if you're fitting the NAD downpipe, if i understand you correctly, wouldn't like to stop oil going to a working turbo, otherwise i think it would work Smile

Hey Matt,

Well yes of course the turbo too, I guess I forgot to mention that..
On the other hand, this got me thinking, is it necessary to swap the exhaust manifold to NAD? I don't really know how differnet they are - the NAD and the turbo one? Could I just remove the turbo, leave the turbo mani and bolt on the rest of the exhaust from a NA diesel 205?
Thanks given by: