Temp insurance advice.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temp insurance advice.
So my little bro is looking at becoming a 306 owner, and we're going to look at a dtub this weekend hopefully, but need some advice on the whole "getting it home" thing if he does buy it.

He has not passed his test yet, so him driving it is not gonna happen, but as my policy covers me to drive any other car with the owners permission, would that be sufficiet to get it home, or would we be better off temp insuring it, at a cost of about £25-30 for just the one day. Getting my car home won't be a problem, as my missus is named on my insurance.

Thanks in advance guys and girls! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can drive it if that car has an insurance policy and your not the legal owner
So unless the seller is still insured its unlikely

Best bet get an old person mother or grandparents to temp cover it maybe?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Depends. The car has to be insured. If it doesn't have a insurance policy linked to that car, you can't drive it under yours.
If the seller is still using it, ask him nicely if he will keep it insured for a day after you take it just to be safe?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looks like temp insurance might be the way forward then, as it's coming from a trader. :?
Thanks given by:
Beware getting temp cover on a weekend, i got stung for about £50 to get the NAD home and im 26 with a clean licence and a very low risk job.

If my own insurance company had been open id of got a weeks temp cover for £21.

What im saying is try and arrange it beforehand if possible.
Thanks given by:
Not happening now anyway, but thanks for the advise everyone. The dealer wanted £400 for a Ph1 306 DTurbo S with no Tax or MOT! :wtf:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insurance advice Atterz 17 2,709 14-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Ruan