Stalls when hot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalls when hot
My '6 seems to have developed a stalling fault.

It has only happened a couple of time now, at first I thought it was me miss judging the clutch biting point after fitting a new clutch cable but I think it's definitely the car.

It's happened a couple of times on the way home from work, once at some light, once at the junction and the when parking up.

When I'm off throttle and the revs should drop to idle that's when it stalls. The throttle body is clean, could it be the ICV or the green coolant sensor? 

How do I clean the ICV? Might try that first.
Thanks given by:
Just to up date I bought a Magneti Marelli ICV for £36 plus postage from here http://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/spares-s...0016079087

I also bought the last Magneti Marelli temp sensor from https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00D...UTF8&psc=1

Hopefully get them on Wednesday and I'll try the temp sensor first. I'll also measure the resistance change on both new and old sensors to see if they are out.
Thanks given by:
Hope that will sort it out for youbud
Thanks given by:
Thanks, fingers crossed.
Thanks given by:
Did the new ICV fix the issue? I have the same issue. It's not frequent but bit worrying when I press the clutch at 40-50mph and the engine dies lol
Thanks given by:
Hopefully the ICV will fix it but I had the same problem with my 1.4 and we changed the ICV the TPS and although it helped it didn't fix the issue, eventually I took it to a garage and they figured it was the ECU was at fault and £300 later the problem was gone, feel like I got done as all they did was re program it to stop stalling but eh, it works now.
1999 - Black Rallye A/C
2002 - Silver 206 1.4 HDi LX
Thanks given by:
(18-01-2017, 11:09 AM)gti6man Wrote: Did the new ICV fix the issue? I have the same issue. It's not frequent but bit worrying when I press the clutch at 40-50mph and the engine dies lol

Not done anything on it at the moment. I've got an ICV and I've got a green temp sensor to try to.

I've heard the power steering pressure sensor can cause stalling to, if you unplug it and that fixes the issue it'll need a new one.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stalls when dropping revs, Idles fine. Eddleston 11 4,073 24-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Di3Ny