A "SPOT" of bother..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A "SPOT" of bother..
I bought some anthracite/gun metal grey wheel paint online here and was mainly for my exterior wheel weights to mask the fact they were bright silver.

So i painted them, no problem (excuse the leftover sticky residue from tape), and thought id try filling the million stone chips i had on the wheel.

Assuming i had the right colour, i went ahead, small spray in the cap, small brush and dapped onto the chips, to my disgust it was a tone lighter.

Now, i bought the wheels from someone else, so i havnt got the exact colour.

The difference isn't MASSIVELY noticeable from a meter away, but under certain light it looks fairly gash..

Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this? any alternatives to refurbing the entire wheel?

[Image: FaK2o.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Rub down and respray is pretty much the only option id have thought... Not a full refurb mind, just enough to key it
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
samass Wrote:Rub down and respray is pretty much the only option id have thought... Not a full refurb mind, just enough to key it

guessing you mean spraying with the "new" colour Sad
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
want to do my speedlines walst your at it? Tongue
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:
samass Wrote:Rub down and respray is pretty much the only option id have thought... Not a full refurb mind, just enough to key it

guessing you mean spraying with the "new" colour Sad

unless you have any of the old stuff left, but seeing as you bought the new stuff to touch up the old stuff, im guessing not.
you might be able to get away with just doing the one wheel, if not, at the very least just two on the one side
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
Like samass said, your gonna have to refurb the wheel if you want to get rid of that....
I wold flat it back as there is going to be a height difference in the paint where you added more to cover the chips, then give it a good wet and dry then paint.
Really go overboard with the lacquer on wheels. As long as you let them dry long enough they will set nice and hard, and you can flat them and polish a number of times if you get little chips.
Hope that helped a little lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:As long as you let them dry long enough they will set nice and hard, and you can flat them and polish a number of times

+1 what Grant said.

Get it nice and hard then polish it a few times.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Toby Wrote:Get it nice and hard then polish it a few times.

I wont take that too far out of context lmao
[Image: car-1.jpg]

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: