Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. Xsara goodies landed!
(24-09-2016, 07:53 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(24-09-2016, 07:46 AM)Ben_w Wrote: Looks about right for underneath a Rallye!

They are a sod for the rust round the edges of the fuel tank bay. Mine was exactly the same. Try and get as much of the shite/crap/rust out of the open box section behind the bump stops as you can. I can see these areas being a pain in the ass in the future although I'm surprised we haven't seen any cars with issues in these areas yet considering the crap nature of the design of this bit.....

looks like a good job under there though bud.

Its a similar state to my black one, wish i had had the foresight to do this when i first had that! would of saved me alot of hassle lol

The fuel tank seems to be a dirt trap on these, glad to report its solid although if it had been left unattended i wouldnt like to estimate how long it would of lasted. The section by the bumpstops is a pain! Going to invest in a dremmel or wire brush attachment for a drill and do the best i can.
that's pretty much how I attacked them.....

You might find there are surface rust spots where the tank rubs the body. There was on mine. I bought some sticky backed neoprene sheet from ebay and cut it into sections to apply to the tank where it had been rubbing to stop it doing it again.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Matts £200 Cherry Rallye shell rebuild & tidy up project. - by Ben_w - 24-09-2016, 08:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 rallye trackday project twangy 383 181,203 19-03-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Matts cheap cherry rallye Matt-Rallye 15 7,068 02-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Matts Cherry HDi Dturbo. Project Stage 1+ & tidy up. Matt-Rallye 29 12,849 10-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Poodle