Air Bed inflation with tyre pump Adapter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Bed inflation with tyre pump Adapter?
Hi Guys,

I was about to buy a pump for my air bed... but i always carry a tyre inflator around. Does anyone know of an adapter i can use to pump up an air bed with it? I need a male tyre valve to male air bed size bit.

Sam
Thanks given by:
I forgot my pump last time and took off the turbo pipe off my xud and pumped it up that way worked well 😀

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 05:48 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: I forgot my pump last time and took off the turbo pipe off my xud and pumped it up that way worked well ?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Rofl  Repped!
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
unfortunately i dont have a turbo :/

looks like you can do it with just the exhaust...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igOxPwqPXr0
Thanks given by:
Thinking about it in a less comedy way. Would it not just kill you with exhaust gasses as it inevitably leaks out all night?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Can pick up my airbag pump (plugs inthe car) if you want on way past?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 07:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Can pick up my airbag pump (plugs inthe car) if you want on way past?

i can buy one for £10. just after any neat tools or ideas to save me £10 and hassle of packing anything etcare you not coming?
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 05:45 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Hi Guys,

I was about to buy a pump for my air bed... but i always carry a tyre inflator around. Does anyone know of an adapter i can use to pump up an air bed with it? I need a male tyre valve to male air bed size bit.

Sam

I got a footpump and leccy pump if you can wait, wiull be bringing both to Pugfest
Thanks given by:
I used to use an electric tire pump until I over inflated my air bed and popped it. I used an old tire valved pushed in to the inlet.

It takes too long and is noisy.

Get a proper inflator, it's a lot faster.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a 12v airbed pump you can use but only if i can share said bed with you....
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 07:22 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 07:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: Can pick up my airbag pump (plugs inthe car) if you want on way past?

i can buy one for £10. just after any neat tools or ideas to save me £10 and hassle of packing anything etcare you not coming?

Yes...but on sunday 
I live like 15miles away!

Comfy bed for the win
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
if i have to share a bed with niall in order to use his... it might be worth a trip to yours piggy.
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2016, 08:24 PM)Eeyore Wrote: if i have to share a bed with niall in order to use his... it might be worth a trip to yours piggy.

Theres 2 ways this is going to go Sam and only one of them in consensual. Your choice.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'll bring an electric air bed pump
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
You can get an adapter, I have one for my tyre pump but as I'll have my air bed pump with me would you like to borrow that?
Thanks given by:
I may flutter my eyelashes at one of you on Saturday as I only have a footpump Wink

Also, imagine using your exhaust to do it when you have an XUD lol
Thanks given by:
looks like there are going to be loads there. Ill borrow one on the day. cheers lads.
Thanks given by:
tyre inflator pumps will get pretty hot trying to do an airbed as you need lots of frre air volume not pressure.

hence why turbochargers work quite well.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Don't you have a 3d printer anyway Sam?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(06-07-2016, 12:21 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Don't you have a 3d printer anyway Sam?

nope havent got my own. i use shapeways.
Thanks given by:
Turbocharger FTW.

I remember doing mine with the GT2052V at FCS '11 I think... Never seen a bed inflate that fast!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by: